Thread: CAN'T GET MY MCE 2005 REMOTE TO WORK - Please Help

37099562 Guest

Default CAN'T GET MY MCE 2005 REMOTE TO WORK - Please Help

I just formatted my computer and now I am having trouble setting up my MCE remote with grider. Before the format I was able to use my remote without even grider loaded but a few buttons didn’t work. I don’t know how I originally made it work but I need help setting it up again.

I just installed the MCE plug-in.

Now when I push a button on the remote the button green block turns yellow.

I went through the “Add Remote” wizard and configured all the buttons. It even registered it in the Mapping device editor.

When I click the remote, the only buttons that function are the volume up/down and the OK button when in Windows media player. None of the other buttons work. Before I use to be able to click one icon on my desktop, click the left button and the icon to the left would be highlighted. I am currently unable to do this.

Another note. For some reason there is an “X” next to demo.gml

Even when there was a check it still wasn’t working.

I went to the Expert mode and saw that the demo.gml was shaded, so I clicked the “Enable” button but there is still an X when I go to Novice mode.

Also I tried the "Assign Remote" wizard with diffrent programs but that didnt do anything.

Can anyone please help me make my MCE 2005 remote work? BTW I am running XP home, not media center ed. but this wasn’t a problem before.

Any help would be strongly appreciated.

Which drivers did you install for the MCE remote?