Thread: SageTV 5

Default SageTV 5

Does anyone have available the Sage5 files?

Thanks

Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

Thank you very much.

Can you explain breifly the how to make this work? And the steps that need to be taken.

Hi,

All you need to do is, have your remove events linked to the actions in the gml and it should work.

If you are using a ccf, you need to use the designer to map the buttons to the actions.

There should not be any configuration to do in the gml it's self appart from adding your events.
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!

Dan,

I have no idea how to much of any of this.

Isn't their something basic a sheet, or instructions on how to make these work together.

1.) What is the designer and how does it work?

2.) What is adding events in the gml?

3.) What are the steps that need to be done?

Can we start from the begining..

Thanks and Regards..

Ok,

No Problem.

1. The designer is a software tool for making and customising ccf files for use in NR. You need it is you want to change the behaviour of a remote layout.

2. An Event is something that is used to trigger an action, it could be a remote control event, i.e play from you remote or a sensor input ot a timer, etc, etc. So when you press play on your remote G4 see this and generates an event this is then assigned to an action by you.

This is really all covered in the G4 help manual. Which is excellent.

3. ...

First load the gml I provided into Girder, then you are going to need to assign some events to it.

If you are using NR, you will need to load the designer, which I *Think* you can download a trail of, and edit a page for use with sage.

On this page go into the button properties and on the action tab you will see the girder instances, which you can navigate through and find the action you wish to assign to the button such as play for example.

Once you have done that you should test it to make sure you have done it right.

I would suggest you have a play with the designer etc, then let us know how you are going on.

I have attached a better sagetv gml for you and have updated theoriginal download. It still had all my events in it!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!

Default Sage TV 5

I would also like to know what plugins/services I could disable in the girder console? Girder seems to hang at times. Presently I have sagetv.gml
    and global.gml net remote w32 is functioning
    the system configuration is as follows:
    windows xp pro
    dms server with sagetv 5 to handle TV/pvr/dvd functions
    jrmc 11 for multi-room audio
    net remote pro
    uirt usb transceiver
    dell axim x51v --* ir passthru works, would like the option of using ir on the pda at anytime..
    firefly remote --*does show up in girder logs but does not send events to sagetv ie. sage does not respond! assigning remotes under sagetv.gml does not have any remotes listed to choose from
    Last edited by agent_mmx; June 5th, 2006 at 04:41 PM.

I am not sure I get what you are saying but you can disable any unnecessary plugins, in settings, if you are not using them. If something stops working you know you have gone too far!
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!