Thread: How do I do a send message in Girder4 (1258 1 89)

Default How do I do a send message in Girder4 (1258 1 89)

The only working examples I have to work with are ALL legacy send messages; even the ones that come included with Girder 4!

Can somebody please tell me how to setup a Windows send message; if the only information I have to work with is:

1258 1 89

"89" is the event code STOP for sageTV. I'm not sure where these three numbers go and what other options to choose. In the legacy SendMessage tab all I see 1258 1 XX ...and that's all I have to work off of.
    -Michael

The first number is almost certainly the Message number, second is the wParam, and the third is the lParam.
    --Rob

Thanks,

That's what I presumed. Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all when ONLY putting those three values in. What other options do I need to select? In the legacy version, there are no other options selected or configured as far as I can tell, unless they are greyed out or hidden. All I see in the legacy version os 1258 1 XX
    -Michael

Mike
    I'm not too good at this stuff. Use the target thing to target sagetv window.

Put 89 in message Check that send message thing if that don't work try unchecking it.

I don't have sagetv and I finally got grunt to run so I'm not lookin at girder atm.

Looks as though you may need to specify a target window as well - with the app open that you want to target, press the Target Button
    --Rob

Okay, I've tried putting the three values in their respective fields AND choosing the target to focus on AND also with and without Send Message instead of PostMessage. It just doesnt work.

This is pretty lame that every single working send message that comes with Girder 4 is legacy. All I need JUST ONE working example to follow.
    -Michael

hi,

read up on command capture, it's the biggest favour you can do for yourself

most of the time problems like this turn out to be in the targetting, using command capture you'll get a working example of the right targetting settings.

I checked with the command capture. I am pretty sure I have the right target. Command Capture doesnt correctly pick up the action I'm looking for... just a left mouse click.

Isn't there even one GML file in existence ANYWHERE which has non-legacy send messages that actually work?
    -Michael

I can't get send messages to work with girder 4 or 5. What does Wparam and Lparam mean? All I want to send is PLAY.