Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocelot Plugin Beta Release

Default Ocelot Plugin Beta Release

This is the ADI Ocelot/Leopard plugin for Girder 4/5, from Todd and I.

Any questions or suggestions are welcome.

• Version 1.0.17: last Girder 4 plugin

The 1.0.5 manual from the Girder/manual folder still apply for the configuration and the actions.
    • Version 1.1.x: Girder 5 Component

Check the examples GML for Lua functions or ASCII messages usage.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hoox; April 10th, 2009 at 02:40 AM. Reason: 1.1.7

Mind if we include this with the G4 distribution?

Of course you can, Mike.

Actually, we could do it because of your substantial upstream work.
    Thanks again for all the help.

thanks!

will

thanks!

will add

Default ADI Ocelot

Yes, thanks Mike and Hoox!

Now I can turn on my Spa from my remote computers using Webserver and Ocelot plugin!!

Now, on to the ADI Device manager, to enter and use IR, Relays, Timers and Variables - by name!

Todd Reed
    Ocelot Automation Rookie

Default How to control ADICON inputs?

Hi Todd, I'm trying your Ocelot.
    Just a question. How to control the inputs from SECU-16 SECU16I connected to the Ocelot? on your manual is mentioned (1st page) that supervised inputs are managed. I've to control for security some switches connecetd to these inputs.
    I'd like to avoid any polling of variables from G4 (if possible). So I expect that Ocelot can send an event (I hope not thrugh ASCII Message Module) and G4 can be informed of this.
    thx in advance.
    Rik

Rik,

Can you check that "Auto Receive I/O Events" is enabled in the plugin configuration?
    The Ocelot will notify Girder if an input status changes.
    The plugin updates ADI.Module[#].IO table, and triggers Events like "Module#1 I/O#0 = true" or "Module#1 I/O#0 = false" if it changed.
    So, the status should be visible in the variable inspector, and the changes in the logger.

The ASCII messages don't need any module. You must send them to "Master Unit 0" with C-Max.
    By using them, you can avoid almost any recurrent polling.
    For example, it can be useful for relays status changes, as there's no built-in notification when the change comes from the C-Max program.
    After setting the relay, the Ocelot can send a message like "Event:UpdateIO pld:" (prefered message syntax even if you don't want to pass a variable)
    The Event "UpdateIO" can trigger a script holding "Ocelot:GetIO()" (not documented, sorry) to update the I/O table.
    Obviously, these messages can help in many other situations...

ok Tedd, this is fantastic. So Ocelot will notify me about an input status change (I forgot that it can do this...). I agree difeerent is about the status change of relays, but I should program the ocelot to instruct it, in case of relay chage, to send the ascii message you suggested.

fine with me.

now another question: I'm going to purchase 2 bobcat temp to monitor inside and outside temp and I'd like to show it on my girder wesite.

I assume that I should program the ocelot to read the temperature ftom the bobcat (an example is provided in the last ocelot manual on the adicon website) and send an ascii message to G4. Is it this correct? if yes, which frequency is correct? every minute (or five), probably is ok, but it is very difficult (too many if statements) to check if one (or five) minutes have been passed and the ascii message can be send. any suggestion on this?

thanks in advance.

Rik

I agree difeerent is about the status change of relays, but I should program the ocelot to instruct it, in case of relay chage, to send the ascii message you suggested.
    Girder will automatically update the I/O status when you use 'Ocelot:SetRelay' or the 'Set Relay' Action.
    A C-Max program will only set a relay.
    It's something you should be aware of, when you'll choose how to program C-Max to notify a relay status change.
    Also, Ocelot Parameter 25 value is important with ASCII messages. What's your's?

I assume that I should program the ocelot to read the temperature ftom the bobcat (an example is provided in the last ocelot manual on the adicon website) and send an ascii message to G4. Is it this correct?
    You're right, it could be done with a timer and ASCII messages with C-Max.
    However, I would use the ASCII messages only for things like threshold notifications.
    Reading the Ocelot variables would make more sense here, as you can find the Bobcats data among them (they can be changed with Ocelot Parameter 1).
    Girder can load all the Ocelot variables and parse them in a snap, with a single script.
    This way, you would'nt need to add code in C-Max for this monitoring. That's also nice if you want to add more Bobcats/variables later.
    IMHO, that seems faster and could make refresh your web page easier.
    There are numerous time and schedule options available in Girder to set the update interval (five minutes suffice if you only want the temperatures).

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast