Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russound CAV/CAM/CAA RNET Plugin

Default Russound CAV/CAM/CAA RNET Plugin

Hi all,

Ready for wider testing is our Russound RNET plugin for use with Russound multizone controllers (CAV,CAM,CAA). Plugin allows complete control and montoring of all zones.

The .dll goes in the plugin dir. Enable the plugin on the plugin setup page. Set the serial port on the serial settings page.

The attached GML shows usage from lua. Events are in the logger. Control of the Russound from the Action tree will be available using the soon to be release Promixis Device Manager.

Current download is here http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=1009
    Last edited by Ron; November 3rd, 2006 at 02:41 PM. Reason: updated link.

Hi Mike,

Loaded up the ZIP. The GML file looks empty?

Also....I can't seem to select the Russound on the Serial page. Is there supposed to be a .lua file with this?

Jim

Heya Mike,

Any progress?

Jim

here is the updated installer that should fix the trouble.

Updated: Thursday 17, 2006
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron; August 17th, 2006 at 12:59 PM.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hmmmm....still doesn't work.

I stopped Girder, ran the installer and noticed that it put a LUA file in the serial dir and a DLL in the plugins dir.

Started up Girder, went to the settings, made sure the Russound had a checkmark (which it already did), and then went to the serial tab. Still could not choose Russound for Com1 - it is just not in the list.

The Russound plugin says it is loaded but not sending events.

Jim

After exiting Girder and restarting it still no go? What is the content of the lua file in the serial directory?
    Ron
    No support through PM

The installer was updated with a newer Russound dll and a new GML to show you how to use it.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Now it shows up in the list and allows me to pick it.

Shouldn't it have a pulldown that allows me to tell it how many controllers I have?

It tries to talk to all the controllers and I only have one.

Jim

Jim,

It just looks sequentially for controllers.. ie if it finds 1 it then looks for 2. If 2 is not there it stops. Otherwise looks for 3... up to 6. It can do this automatically.

Is there a problem during this process?

No...not really...I guess I was just concerned about clicking OK while it looked like it was still trying to do stuff.

I looked at the GML examples. Looks great! And it works too!

Is there a list of all the commands/events that it can handle? Or is that all listed in the GML?

What I am looking for is something that will generate a event when a button on the keypad is pressed. Like the Previous/Next/Volume/Source select buttons etc.

For example, I want to be able to go to the next MP3 when the Next button is pressed on the keypad. I need to be able to tell which keypad it came from and which source is currently selected so I can perfom the correct action. So...if MP3 is the currently selected source, then I would go to the next MP3 when the Next button is pressed, but if CD source is selected, then I would emit an IR to the CD player to go to the next track when the Next button is pressed.

Jim
    Last edited by jnickel; August 18th, 2006 at 12:20 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast