Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting Device Manager to show up

Buttons... ah ok, I can add those

With the Russound. Goto to the serial dir. and delete anything that has Russound in the name.

Download the latest release from the annoucements forum.

Install and restart Girder. Goto the Automation\Russound tab. Select the right com port.

For the Russound, I exited Girder, deleted the Russound_RNET.lua file from the serial dir...downloaded the latest and installed it.

You said

>> Goto the Automation\Russound tab. Select the right com port.

I don't see a Automation tab - I do see a Automation panel on the left in the Settings section. But there is no Russound in that list. I can go to plugin settings and enable the Russound CAV and I can also go to the Serial tab on the plugin settings and select the Russound RNET for the COM1 port. And on this serial screen is where it shows "Getting info zone 1 on controller 2"

I cannot select any Russound in the Device manager.

Jim

Try this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ron
    No support through PM

Aha!

I ran the install and it still didn't work.

However, I then unselected it in the serial, unchecked it in the plugins list and then rechecked it.

There still isn't a Russound one, but there is a "Audio Video Components" one listed under the Automation panel.

Also...I can't select the Russound in the Serial anymore, but maybe that is how it is supposed to be.

Now when I go in there, I select Serial port 1 and hit apply, but the controller is greyed out and I can't select it.

Jim

Update:

I went back to the Version that was released - the one called Russound RNET G4 Plugin.exe and unchecked and rechecked it.

Now it shows up with the Audio Video Components thing (probably was always there, but I was looking for Russound).

I can select it in the Serial section and I can select it properly in the Audio Video Components setup screen.

I can even select the Controller now.

However, when I go to the Action list, and pull over something like Bass or Treble or Receiver, I cannot select anything - it says, "No Devices".

Jim
    Last edited by jnickel; August 22nd, 2006 at 11:46 PM.

Bump....

Any further progress?

Jim

Sure is, we are working on the next release. should be out by tomorrow afternoon.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Heya....just wondering how that new release is coming?

Jim

You saw the new release is out right?
    Ron
    No support through PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123