Thread: 4.0.7 startup bug

Default 4.0.7 startup bug

Just installed 4.0.7 and it fails to start with this error message:

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "watchdoglib.dll", error 126

no good :-) fixing....
    Ron
    No support through PM

Fixed, I've updated the download.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ron,

While trying to figure out if the problem was installation-related, I sadly followed the advice, "If you run into trouble please do a full uninstall and then reinstall this version.".

There was a whole lot of cussing going on after I realized that I was going to have to re-do all the configuration and setup of my plugins and serial devices, and reload all my GMLs. Which meant I was going to have to *remember* all that stuff ....

I know that it's probably a boring task, but personally, I feel *very* strongly that development of a tool to *completely* backup and restore a Girder installation ought to be the number one priority, til it's done.

It's a pretty big hole.

Grumpily,
    Paul

Hi Paul,

on the one hand I can imagine what you mean. On the other hand I know that full-back-up-tools have one big disadvantage: The reason for complete uninstall and reinstall is mostly to solve an obscure problem. But backing up all the configuration data will conserve parts of the problem and bring it back into the new installation.

My personal solution for this: I am maintaining simple text files with all configuration data (which is not part of a config-file like gmls) written in "human language". Its a lot of work but I have this for all my pcs and allthough I have disc images from everything I needed this text files several times and I was happy to have this in emergency situations ...