Thread: X10 provider

Default X10 provider

This device manager seems to be really interesting!
    I didn't see major issues, so, sorry if the following notes are too specific:

X10 devices are updated from X10 device manager and sent to NR, but the DM Types are not always accurate.
    There is 'Level' abilities only with some devices types like 'Basic switch' in X10 device manager.
    I hoped 'Unknown' should work, but it doesn't (In DM they show as 'Light/Switch' type instead of 'Light/Dimmer').

With Standard Dim devices, PresetDim commands are sent instead of Dim/Bright (doesn't work)

I guess that you already know these limitations, but that's all I noticed so far.

Hi Terry.

Thanks for the comments.

Some of the X10 stuff needs ironing out. Its a PIA.

The DIM/BRIGHT stuff is imposible (almost) except for the devices that support PRESETDIM.

Can you let me know exactly which X10 settings are not working (ie what the x10 abilities are checked) and what devices the DM creates?

think i fixed it

That would be great as I'm not very sure if something is not working, or if I didn't use it correctly...
    I just thought that, in X10 device manager, the Dim type would override the device type.
    The standard dim behaviour confused me. Maybe devices with just standard dim ability should not become 'Light/Dimmer' as DIM/BRIGHT can't be used reliably for level?
    Selecting the device type more carefully in X10 device manager is fine for me, but it would be nice if 'Unknown' type could also become a
    'Light/Dimmer' in DM if PresetDim or Leviton abilities are checked (currently it creates a 'Light/Switch').
    These are just suggestions, as both Light/Switch and Light/Dimmer are working.

Quote Originally Posted by hoox View Post
    That would be great as I'm not very sure if something is not working, or if I didn't use it correctly...
    I just thought that, in X10 device manager, the Dim type would override the device type.
    The standard dim behaviour confused me. Maybe devices with just standard dim ability should not become 'Light/Dimmer' as DIM/BRIGHT can't be used reliably for level?
    Selecting the device type more carefully in X10 device manager is fine for me, but it would be nice if 'Unknown' type could also become a
    'Light/Dimmer' in DM if PresetDim or Leviton abilities are checked (currently it creates a 'Light/Switch').
    These are just suggestions, as both Light/Switch and Light/Dimmer are working.
    k will look at that.

i added some basic stuff to the x10 side to try and emulate levels by sending multiple DIM/BRIGHT commands. its hit and miss but not that bad.

the insteon side is really nice in this respect. real time device status and levels.