Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I send Ctrl Cursor Right?

Question How can I send Ctrl Cursor Right?

As per the title I am trying to send control+cursor right to NPVR. I have tried the <RIGHT_CTRL> but sadly without effect and for the moment have run out of ideas.

Can anyone advise if it is even possible for Girder to achieve this seemingly simple feat?

UI Simulation is always a bit tricky. A few ideas:

1. Can you do that click in a different way? Keyboard shortcuts etc?

2. Try creating a 3 action macro. Action 1: Keyboard <CTRL_DOWN>, Action 2 Mouse click, Action 3 <CTRL_UP>

Try targetting foreground if that makes sense.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thanks for the suggestions, this is actually a keyboard short cut, it is used to move the TV Guide forward 24 hrs. For the life of me I do not understand why Girder is having a problem. I have just tried HIP Software and it works off the bat but of course it is no match or replacement for Girder but it does work and that implies to me that Girder should be able to perform the same function. Unfortunately the developers of NPVR are unable offer a solution as the Ctrl+Arrow key is hard coded and not included in the Keyboard function file that can be edited.

Why can't Girder simply capture the key using a keyboard scan? The HIP software simply asked me to press the keys for the desired keyboard function and then showed ^{RIGHT}

I misread your question. I was under the impression this was a mouse + control thing.

Try the keyboard action "*<RIGHT>" (without the quotes). Will the program always be in the foreground when this action runs? If so target the foreground, otherwise target the input box. Always worth trying command capture as well.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Note updated above to be *<RIGHT> I had it wrong first time....
    Ron
    No support through PM

I figured you you intended the * but alas the asterisk is ignored and the function is just seen as Arrow Right

Try force send keys checkbox.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Try send to foreground.

If it still doesn't work please give Girder 6 a try. I believe it does better.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Still no dice the asterisk is ignored and I just get the Arrow Right

I will give Girder 6 a try tomorrow. Hopefully it will give me a trial period to test it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast