Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemote 2 Release Candidate 1 - 2.0.0.84

Default NetRemote 2 Release Candidate 1 - 2.0.0.84

Hello folks -

We're happy to make NetRemote 2 - Release Candidate 1 available for your download. As this is a release candidate, please beat on it and let the Promixis team know if any issues are still causing problems for you so that we may work quickly to resolve them.

Please see the previous thread here for information about previous betas.

Please this thread http://promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15758 for pricing and licensing information

You may download it here
    NetRemote 2 Suite.
    NetRemote 2 (PPC Cab).
    NetRemote 2 (CE 4.2.net Cab).

Previous Version ( 2.0.0.83 )
    NetRemote 2 Suite.
    NetRemote 2 (PPC Cab).
    NetRemote 2 (CE 4.2.net Cab).

2.0.0.84 - Posted 13-Dec-2006
    1. Added: Vista support to MediaBridge
    2. Fixed: MediaBridge was not properly checking for MFC71u.dll on install
    3. Fixed: AvidUtils text box not always updating properly when a variable changes
    4. Fixed: NRBasic execute command not working properly
    5. Fixed: Problem with MediaBridge locking up NetRemote on start in some cases
    6. Fixed: Browser/Flash objects inaccessible after page jump to same page
    7. Fixed: Covering a button used to open a popup with the popup should no longer cause flashing of popup or result in missing actions.
    8. Fixed: IR Passthrough via Girder not working properly

2.0.0.83 - Posted 03-Dec-2006
    1. Added - MediaBridge can now have a password. Set it in the properties of a MediaBridge plugin and in the settings panel in MediaBridge itself
    2. Added - MediaBridge will now check the keys of NetRemote clients to ensure unique licenses (or whole home licenses)
    3. Added - New way of handling Lua events that are more straightforward (NetRemote.SetEvent([event num],[function]) with the following events: Events.CCFLoaded, Events.CCFUnloaded, Events.COMRegistered, Events.COMUnregistered, Events.PageLoaded, Events.PageLoading
    4. Added - EventsCompat.lua which will map new events (e.g. Events.CCFLoaded) to previous events (e.g. OnCCFLoad) for compatibility
    5. Added - PanelLoading event (gets called before the panel is shown - note that the panel does not yet have the skin "Attached" so you can only change things in the panel itself). This allows you to move elements before the page is displayed
    6. Added - Device manager lua files (for new G5 device manager)
    7. Fixed - Many potential memory leaks and stability issues have been stressed tested, diagnoses, and removed, specifically with Girder and MediaBridge communication
    8. Added - New MCE only interface installed on both Windows and PPC (but not set by default)
    9. Added - New device manager interface installed on Windows
    10. Removed - Use Ping to check state from MediaBridge (Deprecated by use of Keep Alives in client and server)
    11. Added - New Flash plugin allowing you to embed flash movies without having to use NRBasic's COM functionality
    12. Fixed - Problem with display of IR properties when no IR mode is selected
    13. Fixed - Problem getting to direct IR properties (pressing configure button doesn't go anywhere)
    14. Fixed - Problems with the embedded web browser displaying incorrectly
    15. Changed - All references to NetRemote Pro, etc. have all been changed to "NetRemote 2".
    16. Added - MediaBridge installer should figure out if you're running Vista or MCE2005 and install the correct files to control Media Center)

2.0.0.81 - Posted 02-Nov-2006
    1. Fixed: Problem with loading elements using the <^> syntax in a state
    2. Fixed: Problem with loading looped elements using "Plugin registered painting" (such as Marcel's dials)

2.0.0.80 - Posted 23-Oct-2006
    1. Fixed: NR not respecting driver paint request (Marcel utils not having right backgrounds)
    2. Fixed: NR not transforming strings properly for plugins (still using {{ }} syntax instead of new < >)
    3. Fixed: Bomb when a closing bracket cannot be found in variable names for states
    4. Fixed: Tests not using cached hosts, so failing to find them
    5. Fixed: MediaBridge not using absolute paths for cache.mdb
    6. Fixed: GoToURL not working in web browser plugin
    7. Fixed: LX PLAYNEXT removing track when called on Playing Now
    8. Fixed: LX PLAYFILENEXT messing up MediaBridge
    9. Fixed: Problem with default CCFs in album browser using the wrong font, so not displaying add and play icons properly

2.0.0.79 - Posted 18-Oct-2006
    1. Fixed: Problem with loops and previous formats that embedded the loop in the element name instead of in separate variables

2.0.0.78 - Posted 15-Oct-2006
    1. Added: Support for getting information from MS-DVR files
    2. Fixed: Year not working w/ WMP and MCE
    3. Fixed: Some problems integrating with MCE (not hooking properly in some cases)
    4. Added: Page jumps should be faster on PPC, due to higher performance graphics loading
    5. Changed: Format for "bind at load variables" from {{ }} to < >
    6. Added: Ability to get name of parent element using <^>
    7. Added: Ability to get parent loop index using <^LoopIndex>
    8. Changed: Changed look and feel for plugin properties
    9. Added: Display of connection status directly in plugin properties
    10. Added: Added tests for MediaBridge, IR, and Girder directly in plugin view
    11. Fixed: Memory problems using web browser
    12. Fixed: Memory leak when using Girder 3.3 mode
    13. Changed: PPC installer no longer uses CEAPPMGR (as it no longer works with WM5)
    14. Added: NetRemote will now cache responses to autodiscovery, so name can be used on WM5 for auto-discovered instances of Girder or MediaBridge
    15. Added: PPC Installer will now set hardkeys by default
    16. Changed: Registration is now unified (same keys on PPC and Windows)
    17. Changed: PPC version no longer requires zlibce
    18. Changed: PPC version no longer requires libpngce
    19. Changed: New version of AvidUtils with a bug fix
    20. Changed: New version of RAHAnimation supports some cool new animation effects (I'll let Rob explain)
    21. Changed: Removed default radio stations from installer
    22. Added: New plugin model which allows plugin to cross-communicate and will ensure that plugins remain version independent from here on out
    23. Changed: Removed some excess logging from NetRemote
    25. Changed: Made MediaBridge more of a component, allowing for potential future ability to run more than one bridge per server, or to embed this into Girder
    26. Fixed: Use of < > now uses properly depth (so <<A>> when A = B and B = C will make <<A>> = <B> = C
    27. Fixed: Removed duplicate call to GoURL during browser creation
    28. Fixed: Issue using EQ bands with multiple zones
    29. Added: Zone change button to 240x320 interface (Similar to 480x640 interface).
    30. Added: Uninstalling NetRemote will properly remove it from starting on device power up

2.0.0.76 - Posted 06-Aug-2006
    1. Fixed - Problem where adding a playlist would bomb NetRemote if "Use Add To Playlist" not selected.
    2. Fixed - "Add To Playlist" would only send first letter of playlist name
    3. Fixed - Adding to playlist wouldn't use tree structure (Would only add immediate files under the current level) when using J. River Media Center
    4. Fixed - Focus problem when starting J River Media Center from MediaBridge
    5. Fixed - MediaBridge not killing the J River Media Center process properly
    6. Fixed - Logging of unmonitoring variable not emitted properly, previously.
    7. Fixed - Problem with vertical slider on state frame not being created properly
    8. Fixed - State frame not checking background color of all states to decide to be a popup window or not.
    9. Added - Windows CE version now supports setting text and background color for queue and search results
    10. Added - Lua code to enable / disable wireless power
    Code:
    NetRemote.GetNetwork().SetWirelessPower(true | false);
    2.0.0.75 - Posted 24-Jul-2006
    1. Fixed - Unregister of variable watch causing memory corruption
    2. Fixed - Use of lua in frame state using wrong event handler, effectively crashing NetRemote
    3. Fixed - PPC should now show version number properly
    4. Fixed - JRMC should now properly support discrete zone mixers again
    Last edited by Ben S; December 13th, 2006 at 09:47 PM.

Hi Ben,

NR 2.0.0.78 fixes one small bug that I noticed in 2.0.0.76, but it has fatal errors connecting with the new MediaBridge on my PC! The following two scenarios are repeatable on my PC:

Scenario A. MediaBridge _not_ loaded. NR 2.0.0.78 loads ok on both PC and PPC (and this is where the bug in 2.0.0.76 showed itself: mishandling of MP.LinkActive=null state is not handled ok). Then start MediaBridge and NR 2.0.0.78 crashes inexplicably on both PC and PPC!

Scenario B. MediaBridge _is_ loaded. NR 2.0.0.78 loads on PC and runs for anywhere from seconds to a minute before crashing with error msg "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime error! ... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." NR 2.0.0.78 loads on PPC and runs for about 5-10 seconds and then crashes/disappears without error message!

In both cases I'm using my new PocketiTunes R3 CCF that I've posted on the skins page.
    Last edited by peterjwhite; October 15th, 2006 at 11:42 PM. Reason: added PPC crash description
    peterjwhite

Hi Ben,

While NR is working on PC (I can't do this on PPC owing to error above), if I open my GAC album covers page, only the first of the 9 album covers per page display. The remaining 8 all show blank. As I page up / page down, the first of the 9 covers for each page refreshes and displays but all other 8 are blank.
    peterjwhite

peterjwhite,

I can replicate both errors you get when starting MediaBridge before or after your ccf is loaded.

Yours is the first .ccf I've seen so far that produced this error.

-g.b.

Hi Ben,

I can confirm, my web browser is back up and running now, as is the G3.3 instance of the girder plugin. I will let you know if I see any issues with it.

The page loading is quite an improvement for me also.

Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

Peter,

It looks like I may be responsible for introducing an error into the NR code that is causing the problems for your .ccf. I'm currently testing a fix and will let Ben know ASAP.

[update]
    Hmmm, there's something else wrong here. I can only reproduce this error with Peter's .ccf. It doesn't occur on four others I've tried. I no longer claim to have broken this !

-g.b.
    Last edited by gbumgard; October 16th, 2006 at 04:26 AM. Reason: update

Hi,
    There may be an issue with 2.0.0.78 and Marcel Utils, where i have labels drawn on top of regular button, the button image is not showing. The button is there it just has no image. The image is showing up just fine in NRD.
    cheers
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by gbumgard View Post
    Peter,

It looks like I may be responsible for introducing an error into the NR code that is causing the problems for your .ccf. I'm currently testing a fix and will let Ben know ASAP.

[update]
    Hmmm, there's something else wrong here. I can only reproduce this error with Peter's .ccf. It doesn't occur on four others I've tried. I no longer claim to have broken this !

-g.b.
    Hi Ben, g.b.,

Any tips for how/where I can even begin to debug this? My CCF works on the old NR 1.x and on NR 2.0.0.76 beta, only 2.0.0.78 is killing it
    peterjwhite

Does it work with JRMC 12?
    Sue

IR Properties seems to have a button adrift!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ir error.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	2987  
    Last edited by danward79; October 16th, 2006 at 03:13 PM.
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast