Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

I use my sms plugin for that! ;-)
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by danward79 View Post
    I use my sms plugin for that! ;-)
    That's cool, I use SMS for my alarm system, but the thing is it costs me almost a buck per message to use, and I can't change my plan. I got a bill one month for $75 when I was first putting together and testing the alarm GML.

:O
    Beware of the robot.

Couple of features I'd like to see in Girder 5:

1. A way to print lua script -- Yes, it is possible to export the text into Word or a similar application, redefine tabs, set font to courrier, etc. , but it's far from ideal

2. Improved handling of the (polite) standby and hibernation requests, so that girder would deny these requests if a lua script is still running (Alternatively, providing a bit more time for cleanup time when these events occur would help!)

3. Better handling of Resume events (on my XP machine they don't always trigger when the PC wakes up... pressing a key on the keyboard brings everything back to normal, but the remote doesn't seem to consistently have the same impact)

It would be neat to have built-in Lua functions that persist personal tables/variables.
    i.e. the same as gir.WriteConfigTable and gir.ReadConfigTable but for another adjacent default folder...
    This could facilitate backups and these variables would be kept in case of reinstall (unlike normal ptable usage).

Um.. why to a different folder? Why not just use a gir.WriteConfigTable using a different filename?
    --Rob

Not sure what would happen if we use an existing config name by mistake.
    I didn't try this actually.

Well you could put a special prefix in there to ensure that you don't clash e.g. hoox-myconfig
    --Rob

Smile

That should do it... Thanks!

* Scheduler Randomizer implemented.
    http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16304

* Mouse plugin inclusion. I will ask John what he thinks about including his plugin.

* Printing from the code editor. I've looked at this and that would be quite a bit of work. I really like the SciTe editor and can print from there....

* Using Girder through the phone. We have had some internal discussion about this and it will come but there is no time frame set for this.

* I'd like a way to hide desktop icons. Sounds like you have that figured out already.

* Targetted audio output, this one is tricky as vista has a completely new audio stack... so anything we do would be for vista and up.

* Bluetooth audio capture speechrecognition, I don't think we should support that directly, but through the audio drivers that come with the headset. As long as windows can access the headphones + mic you can use the speechrecognition plugin

* It would be nice to have a button on the lua console to stop scrolling but still allow logging -> Sounds good. I'll see.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thumbs up

Our fearless leader has spoken!

Thanks Ron!

By the way, the icon hiding is unreliable. If at all possible, it would be super if Girder had a simple action to toggle the desktop icons. pretty please?
    Beware of the robot.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast