Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

Default Tree Script on Main Window

One feature I'd very much like to see is the ability to tree-script the entire main application window. I envisage this as a third mode alongside "Novice" and "Expert", maybe called "Script". In this mode the presentation would be similar to the Settings dialog and driven by DUI/Treescript in the same way as the Automation section is at present.

I find that I am using Girder more as a Lua scripting/application generation platform and not using the traditional Actions tree very much. It would be nice to be able to leverage the DUI to write Lua applications with user interfaces.

Taking this idea further, on Vista we probably need the ability to store scripts (including treescripts) in user directories to avoid the need to edit protected files in Program Files\Promixis\. Also it would be nice to have a built-in script editor based on Scintilla like the current Scripting Action editor.

Thanks for the suggestion John. This is obviously not going to make it into Girder 5, but I'll take this into consideration.
    Ron
    No support through PM

At the risk of appearing to be a spoiled brat , I was wondering if there would be any way to integrate the schedule randomizer into the actual Scheduler interface. It would make things a lot more simple and save people a lot of headaches.
    Beware of the robot.

Quote Originally Posted by quixote View Post
    At the risk of appearing to be a spoiled brat , I was wondering if there would be any way to integrate the schedule randomizer into the actual Scheduler interface. It would make things a lot more simple and save people a lot of headaches.
    I would say this actually needs to be included in the scheduler, to make the scheduler complete.
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

The other thing that would be nice would be able to set the units for everything individually.

For instance

Temp to degrees C,
    Speed to Mph
    Wind Speed to Knots
    etc, etc...

Any chance? I am sure I am not the only one, who would like this.
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

A useful feature that would save a lot of us a lot of work would be the ability to use a wildcard character in EventStrings, like the good ol' days of DOS.

Eg. - instead of creating a script for each possible key entry for 99 channels/playlists/whatever with events like "playlist01", "playlist02", "playlist03", "playlist04"... you could write one script with the event "playlist**", then grab the last two characters of the EventString for use in your script with something like this:
    Code:
    local Selection = string.sub(EventString, -2, string.len(EventString))

You can do that - see the help under Lua library reference\gir\AddEventHandler
    --Rob

ah ok. I was looking at that, but it's difficult to understand for someone like me that struggles with Lua (even at a beginner level sometimes). I need a book like "Lua for Dummies" or something. Thanks for the pointer, though.
    I still think it would be easier just to be able to put *s in the eventstring, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by quixote View Post
    By the way, the icon hiding is unreliable. If at all possible, it would be super if Girder had a simple action to toggle the desktop icons.
    If anyone is interested, I've found a nice little freeware program that will toggle your desktop icons. Look at the bottom of the page here:

http://www.geocities.com/autohide_hompage/Autohide.htm

Works in Vista, too.

Lightbulb

Is device manager going to control devices network-wide? Also, will there be built-in actions to query their states (ie.- return variables)?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast