Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Serial control of latest Denon AVR 's

You are correct on both counts. My bad.
    I was saving the event and then closing down Girder. And I cut and pasted the code provided in #88 which had 10038.
    I have edited in 10030 as the device number and amended my savings ways.

I am now back to reliably getting a partial list of the Denon variables to show up in NRD's Variable Inspector. And the values of that partial list of variables correctly updates as I execute the gml actions in Girder.

Most of the main zone variables show up but not all. For example, Main.Source doesn't show up. The logger shows that the source event is getting executed

Time Date Source Details Payloads
    09:32:14:781 1/9/2007 Denon AVR Denon.Receiver.Main:Source VDP
    09:32:14:734 1/9/2007 VDP Lua Success (Nothing Triggered)Denon AVR-3806.gml:\Zone Controls\Main Zone\Source\VDP

and the Lua console registers it too

Event Denon.Receiver.Main:Source

but the variable doesn't appear in NRD Variable Inspector (yes I refreshed it).

The same is true for all of the Denon.Zone2 variables. They show in the logger and lua console but not in NRD's Variable Inspector.

Dudley
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VarInspect.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	3287  

Hmm.. that's confusing. Sounds as though you are having problems with communications between Girder and NetRemote. Can't remember whether I've asked you or not, but are Girder and NetRemote on the same PC?
    --Rob

Well now the Denon.Zone2 variables are showing up in NRD. I made a copy of my ccf, closed and reopened NRD with the new ccf and there they were. And the values updated properly too. I'm going to play around with it somemore to make sure it is repeatable.

Thanks

Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    Hmm.. that's confusing. Sounds as though you are having problems with communications between Girder and NetRemote. Can't remember whether I've asked you or not, but are Girder and NetRemote on the same PC?
    Yep...on the same PC.

I wonder if the problem is the unhandled exception error issue I get when exiting NRD. Maybe it is corrupting my ccf. Ben S will be providing some code to debug that this week

Dudley

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910