Thread: A little help to start

Default A little help to start

Hi Guys,

I read the whole usermanual but I donít understand it well. I have a MCE IR receiver and a harmony remote who is emulating an mce remote. I have loaded the MCE plugin.

I want manage two or tree applications and want some things like logoff user and logon a user and shutdown or hibernate the pc.

The questions are

-When I assign a button on the remote (lets say the stop button) to start Gbpvr and assign the same button to stop playing a movie in mediaplayer. When pusing the stop button while mediaplayer is playing will start Gbvr. How can I assign same buttons to different applications whitout the above problem?

-How can I get more information from the installed applications. Now I get a window with a programmed language instead of a link to an application when hitting edit. When I make a start of an application manual than the link to the application is normal visible.

Thanks in advance Ö..

Don

You'll need to add a Window Conditional to your GBPVR and mediaplayer GMLs or groups.

Not sure I understand your second question though.
    --Rob

Rah99,

Thanks for you're amazing quick response.....

I find the windows conditional. Do i have to place the conditional richt under the GBPVR gml? Or do i have to place it in the underlaying startup or control folder?

When i do the config of the conditional i must do that with the "hit target window" button and point to the GBPVR application window with the "drag me to the window" pointer?

My second question. (i'm sorry i'm not so clear...my englisch is not verry well but i try for the second time)

I have default (gml files?) on the richt pane of the Girder window. Starting with demo.gml and then GBPVR.

When I go to Gbpvr-startup-start gbpvr and hit edit on the startgbpvr i get a windows with somelike programming lauguage. When I make a gml file on my own and let it start an application i see with edit a window with the path to the application. The question is how can i see for example the path to GBPVR.exe with the default gml files?
    Hope you understand it now????!!!!

Thanks...

Don
    Last edited by don_care100; November 14th, 2006 at 09:33 AM.

You drag the conditional to the GML, group, macro or command that you want it to control.

Ah, I see what you mean. That is a scripting action which runs a Lua script - basically what it is doing is looking at the registry to see where GBPVR is installed - it's looking at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Devnz and retrieving the value of "GBPVR InstallDir"

It will have been done that way to cope with the user installing GBPVR in different folders from the default.

In short you shouldn't need to see the path to GBPVR.exe providing it has been installed correctly.
    --Rob

Thanks Rob,

I will test this evening and let you know.

Don