Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "No Response From Russound Controller #1"

Default "No Response From Russound Controller #1"

Hi,

I am trying to configure my CAV to work with Girder.

I have set the serial port and assigned it to RNET. Now under status it flashes two things:

"Getting info zone 1 on controller 1"

then

"No Response From Russound Controller #1"

I'm not sure what the problem is. I know the physical connection and port are correct (works in Mainlobby and QCQ). My Russound CAV is assigned as controller 1 (only controller).

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

I think I have an idea of the problem, but don't know how to fix it.

It's now giving me the same message, but for zone 3 (1 hour later).

I think it gives up too fast while search. I am using a remote serial device which I'm sure is not as fast as being plugged into my local computer.

Is there a way I can change the search time?

Thanks!

When you say a "remote serial device" what do you mean?
    --Rob

I have an EdgePort USB 4-port serial device in my basement that is connected to my CAV.

I then have a USB over Cat5e sender and receiver as my office is about 50-75 feet away from my EdgePort serial device.

This will probably have to wait for Mike to take a look at as he's the RussSound expert and wrote the RussSound device, but you are probably right that the extra devices in the chain are causing an extra delay.
    --Rob

Thanks for the replys Rob. I was up till 3am last night designing a page and woke up early to start today. This stuff is addictive!

Do you know if there is a manual for the Russound plug-in? Or any documentation?

I can't seem to find the actions for Russound, do they need to be entered as serial keys?

Thanks!

It's a lot easier with Girder 5 alpha and the Device Manager - you may want to apply for the alpha test by PMing Mike a bit later.
    --Rob

Thanks Rah99,

I'm new to Girder so I'm learning something new everyday.

I've heard this Device Manager mentioned before. Is that only for Girder 5 or does it also work with 4?

Also, is Girder 5 and upgrade or a clean install (will I need to redo everything)?

Thanks,

Josh

I'm not sure what the plan is for DeviceManager to be honest.

You should be able to load existing GMLs into Girder 5 quite happily so there shouldn't be any need to redo existing work.
    --Rob

Update on my problem -

I installed the RNET plugin version 1.0.0 and it connected right away.

I'm not sure why 1.0.9 woln't work, but this may help others with the same problem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast