Thread: Bug coming out of standby?

Default Bug coming out of standby?

I am using the iMON plugin and experiencing a seriously annoying - in fact show-stopping - issue.

I have set up an action in Girder to standby the PC when the POWER button is pressed on the remote (I've also tried it with a different button - KEY 0 - with exactly the same results). The action succeeds (aside: for some reason usually only after the button is pressed twice?).

HOWEVER:
    On resume from standby (either using the power button on the PC or the POWER button on the remote - makes no difference) the Girder logger shows continuous (never-ending) repeats of the last remote button pressed (ie the standby button!). I established this was the case after adding a further (OnResumeSuspend et al) action in Girder to disable the standby action on resume otherwise there was the inevitable deadlock as Girder came up and put the PC straight back into standby every time!

The repeats stop only when another button is pressed on the remote.

I have added a futher action in Girder to disable the iMON plugin on resume from standby but this does nothing.

If I manually try to disable the iMON plugin in Girder, Girder simply shuts down completely with no message. After firing it up again the iMON plugin still shows as enabled.

Any ideas please? Am I missing something?

Is there a Girder action to clear queued events from a particular plugin?

---

As a completely separate issue, the iMON plugin can be set for "Other RC" which is great as I'm using a Harmony 525 but then it won't pass through any commands from the original remote! Doh! So you can have either only the buttons on the original remote (RSC in my case) or learn a complete set from a separate ("donor") remote but can't have all the original buttons plus a few from a donor. Arrgggh!

Not sure if this will work, but you could perhaps try a two stage process. ie have the remote trigger a SimpleTimer action (enable the SimpleTimer plugin in File|Settings - then you'll find it under Miscellaneous in the action tree). Then when the timer fires you could have it perform the standby.
    --Rob

Nice idea - thanks! - will try it and report back.

-Martin

Yep - it works - thank you!
    -Martin

Glad to help.
    --Rob