Thread: HAI & NetRemote

Default HAI & NetRemote

Hi,

I've figured out how to control the HAI system (send commands), but I can't seem to find how to diplay the HAI system information.

For example, is there a way to display if a light is turned on? Or what the current setpoint of a thermostat is?

If anyone could give me a quick pointer I feel I would be up and running in no time.

Thanks!

Josh

You should be receiving events from the HAI plugin which you can use to send information to NetRemote.
    --Rob

Thanks Rob,

Could you give me a quick run through on how to bring an event into NetRemote?

I have a light switch hooked up to Unit 2 in HAI. I can control it via Girder and NetRemote. How can I tell if the light is on or off in NetRemote though?

Thanks,

Josh

Okay, there are a couple of ways to deal with this, but most of them involve scripting. Here's one that doesn't :-

First of all you'll need to create a NetRemote Set Variable action with the name of the NetRemote variable to send to and a value of [pld3] (including the square brackets). Save the event.

Then get the HAI to fire the relevant event - open the logger and drag that event to the newly created NetRemote action. The value of pld3 will be sent to the NetRemote variable. What you do with it in NetRemote is up to you.
    --Rob

Thanks for going the non-scriping route!

Nearly there - I set up the variable and dragged my light turning on onto it.

However, when I turn the light on my variable says "empty" in my Current NetRemote Variables.

I tried setting the value to 1 for on, and 0 for off. This worked, but I'm sure I'm missing some information by going this route.

I was reading in the manual that plds3 is used for batteries. Is the idea that feild will give me a value between 0-100 for how bright the light is?

You should check in the logger to see what information the event is sending you (come to think of it it may not be in pld3 since it's an internal Girder event, it may be pld1 instead). If you right click on the column headings in the logger you can turn on the payload columns to make this clearer.

I'm not sure what information the HAI plugin can make available.
    --Rob

Check out the G5 forum