Thread: Using Girder with Com/Ole

Default Using Girder with Com/Ole

I just downloaded Girder, and TheaterTek last night and after struggling I have been able to Launch TheaterTek via comm from a c++ application using Ole. Code is below:

Local oGirderEvent := nil
    Try
    oGirderEvent := CreateObject("GIRDERX.Girder")
    Catch e
    MsgStop("Unable to Create Ole Object...","Send Girder Event")
    End
    Try
    oGirderEvent:TriggerEvent("LaunchTheaterTek",18,,, ,0)
    Catch e
    MsgStop("Unable to execute event...","Send Girder Event")
    End
    IF oGirderEvent <> nil
    oGirderEvent := nil
    ENDIF

Does anybody know how to start a movie from the hard drive using com. I don't see anywhere on how to pass the movie name. I attempted to use one of the additional parameters on the TriggerEvent method but it did not work.
    Is there a standard Girder way to identify the file I am working with? How does the TheaterTek program know if I am wanting to run from the Drive, or from a Disc? If I execute the Play event I notice the DVD Drive light illuminates.

Also can events be named the same in different groups, and if so, how does the programmer differentiate between the events.

Thanks,

Byron...

Byron try the command line event.exe application. It can pass payloads.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Default Using Girder via Com/Ole.

Ron,

I used the exe first before I attempted com. My launch command works in Ole, and with Events.exe. My question is how do I tell TheaterTek that I want to play a specific movie from the hard disc drive. I believe that I can pass payloads with Ole as well (Command Line and COM Event Generation section in the manual), I just don't know which event to use where the path, and file name of a movie can be the payload.

Thanks,

Byron...

Byron,

Do you want to have Girder send the file for TT to play?

hi,

not enterely sure what you're wanting to do, but if you want to open a file with Theatertek you can just use it's command-line options like this:

Code:
    'C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\TheaterTek DVD.exe'  /PATH '(file)'
    and here it's implemented for opening 'IFO' files in one of my Girder scripts, I send the Video file as a payload from Meedio to Girder using event.exe:

Code:
    -- resume is yes
    print('resuming playback of this file')
    local position = Resume * 1000
    local quote = '\"'
    local extension = string.upper(string.sub(VFile, -3, -1)) 

if extension == 'AVI' or extension == 'MPG' or extension == 'MPEG' or extension == 'ASF' or extension == 'MOV' or extension == 'MKV' or extension == 'OGM' then
    --launch with mpc at position
    print ('video file will be played with MPC')
    win.ShellExecuteEx('C:\\Program Files\\K-Lite Codec Pack\\Media Player Classic\\mplayerc.exe', quote..VFile..quote..' /start '..position..' /fullscreen /close', 'C:\\', win.SW_SHOWNORMAL)
    end

if extension == 'IFO' then
    --launch with Theatertek
    print ('video file will be played with Theatertek')
    win.ShellExecuteEx('C:\\Program Files\\TheaterTek\\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\\TheaterTek DVD.exe', '/PATH '..quote..VFile..quote, 'C:\\', win.SW_SHOWNORMAL)
    end

if extension == 'ISO' or extension == 'BIN' or extension == 'NRG' or extension == 'IMG' then

--mount with deamontools device 0
    print ('image file will be mounted with deamontools')
    win.ShellExecuteEx("C:\\Program Files\\DAEMON Tools\\daemon.exe", ' -mount 0, '..quote..VFile..quote..'', 'C:\\', win.SW_SHOWNORMAL)
    end
    btw: what C++ application are we talking about?

hope this helps

Default Using Girder with Com/Ole

I will work with this, thank you. The c++ application if an app I am writing to communicate with Girder via Com to perform the tasks I wish. It is run through a pre-processor so it does not look like actual c code, it is compiled by c before it becomes an exe (Open Source xHarbour Builder).