Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemote 2 Release Candidate 7 - 2.0.0.93

Default NetRemote 2 Release Candidate 7 - 2.0.0.93

Hello folks -

We're happy to make NetRemote 2 - Release Candidate 9 available for your download. As this is a release candidate, please beat on it and let the Promixis team know if any issues are still causing problems for you so that we may work quickly to resolve them.

NOTE: This new version changes the communication between MediaBridge and NetRemote. It should be backwards compatible, but please be aware that for foreign characters to appear you need to update all MediaBridge and NetRemote instances

NOTE: The change to check alpha on frames could change the way your interfaces work. Not checking alpha on frames is to be considered a "bug", and thus the potential break in compatibility with your current usage. Apologies for the change if it impacts you.

Please see the previous thread here for information about previous betas.

Please this thread http://promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15758 for pricing and licensing information

You may download it here
    NetRemote 2 Suite.
    NetRemote 2 (PPC Cab).
    NetRemote 2 (CE 4.2.net Cab).

Previous Version ( 2.0.0.94 )
    NetRemote 2 Suite.
    NetRemote 2 (PPC Cab).
    NetRemote 2 (CE 4.2.net Cab).

2.0.0.95 - Posted 28-Apr-2007
    1. Fixed - Issue starting WMP on some computers
    2. Fixed - Alpha transparency is checked for frames when you click now, allowing you to have a styleized frame on top of buttons
    3. Fixed - Problems with foreign characters communicating with MediaBridge
    4. Changed - NetRemote variables are returned to Lua UTF-8 encoded (previously foreign characters would appear as ?, now will appear at UTF-8 encoded (funny characters))
    5. Changed - Parameters coming into NetRemote from Lua are now UTF-8 decoded

2.0.0.94 - Posted 15-Apr-2007
    1. Fixed - Error with minimizing NetRemote
    2. Fixed - Wrong icon on PPC2k2
    3. Fixed - Registration appearing wrong on PPC2k2
    4. Added - Ability to not use "All" nodes from JRMC
    5. Added - Ability to flag a GAC request to not require full pages
    6. Added - Buttons for moving the selected track up or down in the queue
    7. Changed - NetRemote will show the cursor when loading a new CCF.

2.0.0.93 - Posted 01-Apr-2007
    1. Fixed - MediaBridge not starting WMP sometimes
    2. Fixed - NetRemote not appearing in taskbar when starting in fullscreen
    3. Fixed - MediaBridge timing out when viewing or playing items from File Paths
    4. Added - Battery status information to Win32 (matching PPC variables)

2.0.0.92 - Posted 27-Mar-2007
    1. Fixed - MediaBridge bombing on exit when using WMP 11
    2. Added - Change Registration option in menu in order to change registration info

2.0.0.91 - Posted 25-Mar-2007
    1. Fixed - Bug ugly error with Infrared (all modes) bombing NetRemote and/or not sending right
    2. Fixed - Some lua failing if they didn't end with a semicolon (on buttons).
    3. Fixed - Girder trackpad wasn't handling it's parent frame right (if popup on non-semitransparent background)
    4. Fixed - Girder trackpad was not obeying hide requests properly

2.0.0.90 - Posted 08-Mar-2007
    1. Fixed - Issue with installation of MediaBridge making it not start
    2. Fixed - Issue reloading CCF's or pages with both states and sliders
    3. Fixed - NetRemote.GetPlugin(-1):GetInstances() not returning proper table
    4. Added - Ability to hide cursor
    Code:
    NetRemote.GetScreen().ShowCursor(true); --show the cursor
    NetRemote.GetScreen().ShowCursor(false); --hide the cursor
    2.0.0.89 - Posted 27-Feb-2007
    1. Fixed - Order of installation would cause a problem installing to PPC if .NET was not installed
    2. Fixed - WMP, WinAmp, and iTunes all had problems playing from file paths. All should work properly now
    3. Added - Code to SDK to allow plugins to publish their own Lua methods to instances
    4. Added - Ability to send IR via Lua
    Code:
    irplugin = NetRemote.GetPlugin(-3);
    irinstance = irplugin:GetCurrentInstance();
    irinstance:SetPortNumber(0); --set the port (if using GlobalCache)
    irinstance:SendIR(irinstance.PRONTO_STRING,true,'0000 0000 0000 0000'); --use string format, and use repeat (true or false)
    irinstance:StopIR();
    5. Added - Base code for handling screen orientation (But not currently activated - have to do a special build for PPC 2003 and newer)

2.0.0.88 - Posted 11-Feb-2007
    1. Fixed - Problem creating instances of MediaBridge plugin (it thinking it's always a duplicate)
    2. Fixed - Problem clicking "ok" in any plugin properties not exiting dialog
    3. Fixed - USB-UIRT Learn not working in Win32 version of NetRemote
    4. Fixed - NR/MediaBridge communication would time out if there were too many files in the playing now list
    5. Fixed - MediaBridge sucking up RAM when sending a large playlist
    6. Changed - MediaBridge installer sets "limit playing now" by default
    7. Added - Updated NetRemote help file
    8. Fixed - MediaBridge installer not installing MFC71.dll

2.0.0.87 - Posted 31-Jan-2007
    1. Fixed - Frames could not have image variables
    2. Fixed - HTTP requests not working from NRBasic
    3. Added - NetRemote will attempt to weed out duplicate MediaBridge plugin instances, thus removing the problem some folks have had with repeating tracks, skipping back, etc.
    4. Added - Slow JRMC dialog (it will prompt you to wait for it (and remember your choice) when you start it up and it takes too long)
    5. Added - Closing MediaBridge will prompt if you really mean to close, or minimize. (Hold down control to show the dialog if you select to remember your choice)

2.0.0.86 - Posted 07-Jan-2007
    1. Added - Support for no album covers to be sent for playing now (in MediaBridge plugin properties) to speed up PPC initialization
    2. Fixed - Progress bars on fullscreen Windows and PPC not rendering properly
    3. Fixed - Current album cover not being sent from MediaBridge
    4. Fixed - IR registration issues (it will no longer prompt on startup, it will prompt when you try to learn or set the plugin to Direct IR).
    5. Added - MC12 support (if you have MC12 installed, it will use it, otherwise it will drop down to MC11).
    6. Added - Support for "PNX CLEAR" to WMP plugin
    7. Fixed - Problem with plugin:GetInstance() not returning the right instance
    8. Fixed - Problem with pluginInstance:SetCurrent() not working properly
    9. Added - Support for passing a specific instance into NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch (ie: NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch('MyVar',NetRemote. GetPlugin('Girder'):GetInstance(-1001))
    10. Fixed - Memory leak when sending files to NetRemote from NetRemoteDesigner that could cause NetRemote to crash
    11. Fixed - MediaBridge thinking it had to recache when startup with Windows used.
    12. Fixed - MediaBridge autoscaling when large fonts were used, hiding some of the application

2.0.0.84 - Posted 13-Dec-2006
    1. Added: Vista support to MediaBridge
    2. Fixed: MediaBridge was not properly checking for MFC71u.dll on install
    3. Fixed: AvidUtils text box not always updating properly when a variable changes
    4. Fixed: NRBasic execute command not working properly
    5. Fixed: Problem with MediaBridge locking up NetRemote on start in some cases
    6. Fixed: Browser/Flash objects inaccessible after page jump to same page
    7. Fixed: Covering a button used to open a popup with the popup should no longer cause flashing of popup or result in missing actions.
    8. Fixed: IR Passthrough via Girder not working properly
    Last edited by Ben S; April 30th, 2007 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S View Post
    1. Added - Support for no album covers to be sent for playing now (in MediaBridge plugin properties) to speed up PPC initialization
    Thank you, Ben! Works like a charm, and cuts my startup down to less than eight seconds!
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

I run JRMC12 but the client where MediaBridge runs gets its library from a library server, which takes several seconds to load.

When I start MB without JRMC12 running I get an error about not being able to create the JRMC instance.

JRMC12 loads and loads its library, but MB just doesn't wait long enough before generating the error.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rpalmer68 View Post
    I run JRMC12 but the client where MediaBridge runs gets its library from a library server, which takes several seconds to load.

When I start MB without JRMC12 running I get an error about not being able to create the JRMC instance.

JRMC12 loads and loads its library, but MB just doesn't wait long enough before generating the error.
    Ahh! That explains what I am seeing too - I am still on JRMC11, but the effect is the same.

Brian

Strange things here. Loaded .86 and launched NR. Using flatstyle ccf. I get no insteon devices on the lighting page. Also no weather. I went and checked the setup and everything is as it should be and was working with .84. I shut down NR and relaunched. Nothing comes up. launch NR again -- nothing. Went and checked running processes and there are 2 instances of NR running. I terminated both of them and removed NR via control panel. Tried to reload .84 and could not. Had to reboot at this point. Loaded .84 back on to verify insteon devices are there and weather is also working. I removed .84 and went throught the excercise of loading .86 with the same results. It will only launch the first time and never again. I went through this exercise several times with the same results. I am now back at .84 and running fine.

Any errors shown in the NRD Lua console?
    --Rob

Ok think I had a corrupt download of .86. Tried to load on another machine and had problems with the installation. got a permission denied trying to overrite cximage.dll. I aborted the install then a message saying rolling back changes. Netremote would no longer launch. Went and got another copy of .86 and loaded it. It now has no problems launching but I still am left with the problem of no weather data or insteon devices. There are no errors in the NRD lua console. Of course I'm running G5 release 509. I put .84 back on and all is good.

I'll give .86 a try here
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Ok think I had a corrupt download of .86. Tried to load on another machine and had problems with the installation. got a permission denied trying to overrite cximage.dll. I aborted the install then a message saying rolling back changes. Netremote would no longer launch. Went and got another copy of .86 and loaded it. It now has no problems launching but I still am left with the problem of no weather data or insteon devices. There are no errors in the NRD lua console. Of course I'm running G5 release 509. I put .84 back on and all is good.

My weather doesn't work with .86 either (using Device Manager), are you getting any errors in the G5 Lua console?

Richard

Weather seems to be working okay here. Admittedly I am using a later version of the CCF, but I haven't touched the weather code for ages, although the DMSupport and DMCore lua files have changed a little.
    --Rob

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast