Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista MCE compatibility

Default Vista MCE compatibility

Hi Guys,

I'm keen to get netremote working with Vista MCE - before I spend to long trying to get it to work can I ask - should it work yet?

Cheers!
    T

I upgraded to Vista RTM last week and so far NetRemote and MediaBridge are working fine for me.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Are you using it with Media Center? The music part seems to work ok for me but the Videos and TV do not seem to appear on the neteremote client what ever I try...

Many Thanks!
    T

It should work, provided that it's set to MCE and not WMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S View Post
    It should work, provided that it's set to MCE and not WMP.
    I certainly have - I'm a Netremote newbie - is there any logging I can take that will help to find the issue?

Thanks!
    T

Sorry.

Are the videos and TV not showing in the media browser, or when you start playing video or TV you don't get info back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S View Post
    Sorry.

Are the videos and TV not showing in the media browser, or when you start playing video or TV you don't get info back?
    They are not showing in the media browser. Have not yet tried plaing videos or TV back because of this !
    Ta!
    T

Ah, the default paths that the installer sets up are probably not right for all Vista installations. Try going into the properties in MediaBridge and setting the file paths to the right locations (for pictures, videos, and TV).

Tried that...

It helps a bit for Videos - these now appear on the netremote - however when I play them they play their audio through MCE but video through Media player. (!)

Nothing appears at all within my TV though...

Thanks for the continued help!
    T

Hi Again,

I thought I would try the latest version to see if I fair any better - My TV now works.

However - I still have the same issue with My Videos - when I play them I only get audio - no video... Any ideas how to get this working would be appreciated!

Many Thanks!
    T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast