Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'All' option in JRMC Views

Personally I have never found a use for "All". I have no idea why Jim is so keen on keeping it (it has been raised in the JRMC forum before and he says it stays!).

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S View Post
    Quick question - does anyone use "All". Should it be an option, or the standard?
    I don't use it, but the safe thing to do is make it an option that defaults to same behavior that's in place today. This way it's transparent to all users and won't 'break' anyones CCF. It will also make sure you don't get any future complaints like "what happened to my 'All' node?"

I agree that it should be an option, but still I never use it and probably never will. The best choice is probably "opt in" on the All scheme, so you have to tick the box to get it, while a standard installation doesn't activate it.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Agreed all around, guys.

Thanks Ben. FWIW I agree with the others about keeping it as an option Ideally JRiver would make it an option per view scheme because I can forsee various scenarios where it would be useful, for example... View scheme selects Decade then Year. After selecting say, '90s', rather than select a specific year you might want to look at all tracks from the 90s. In the vast majority of cases though I wouldn't use it and if it's disabled all together there are other workarounds that would get me that example described above.

This is another great example of how responsive Promixis are. They could be forgiven for saying this is a JRMC problem so please ask on their forums, but you NEVER get that attitude here and never have. Thanks Ben.
    JLee
    OpusNR & JLee CCF/GML available in the downloads section.

Sounds like an option to enable/disable this in a GAC request would be nice, too.

Thanks for the nice comments, JLee!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12