Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .517 SunriseSunset and Ambientlight CHANGES

Default Still No Good

Mike,
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled G5 (G4 still installed, but that shouldn't matter, right?).
    Whenever I reset the scripting engine (or restart G5), I lose my installed components (except Sunrise/Sunset now). Looking at the console, it seems like it's having problems with my "geographical location". My settings->location tab says "component not enabled" unless I enable "custom weather" component (which goes away whenever I reset G5)...seems like some kind of chicken and egg race going on.

TreeScript (golua): ...mixis\Girder5\luascript\components\CustomWeathe r.lua:100: attempt to index global `GeographicalLocation' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    ...mixis\Girder5\luascript\components\CustomWeathe r.lua:100: in function `Initialize'
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:289: in function `EnableComponent'
    ...\Girder5\/plugins/treescript/ComponentManager UI.lua:172: in function <...\Girder5\/plugins/treescript/ComponentManager UI.lua:157>
    ScriptReset Start
    LOG: Component Manager : 4 - Components never started.
    ScriptReset Done Calling ScriptReset Callbacks, Time: 2934.1188433715
    Loading RFXCOMReceiver.lua
    Loaded RFXCOMReceiver.lua
    Welcome to Promixis Girder 5.0.0 build 517
    ...mixis\Girder5\luascript\components\SunriseSunse t.lua:509: attempt to index global `GeographicalLocation' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    ...mixis\Girder5\luascript\components\SunriseSunse t.lua:509: in function `GetLocalSunrise'
    ...mixis\Girder5\luascript\components\SunriseSunse t.lua:244: in function `SetupTodaysEvents'
    ...mixis\Girder5\luascript\components\SunriseSunse t.lua:208: in function `SetupSchedules'
    ...mixis\Girder5\luascript\components\SunriseSunse t.lua:161: in function `Enable'
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:305: in function `EnableComponent'
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:271: in function `ProcessComponentRequires'
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:293: in function `EnableComponent'
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:543: in function `StartEnabledComponents'
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:219: in function <...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManag er.lua:218>
    [C]: ?
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:218: in function <...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManag er.lua:217>

Thanks,
    Jon

Jon,

Bug fix for that is here

http://promixis.com/forums/attachmen...8&d=1177023260

Fixed in next release

Mike,
    Well, it's progress but now it looks like the zip code lookup not quite right:
    TreeScript (golua): cannot read C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder5\zip.lub: No such file or directory
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function `dofile'
    ...irder5\luascript\components\GeographicalLocatio n.lua:266: in function `LookupZipCode'
    ...der5\/plugins/treescript/GeographicalLocation UI.lua:227: in function `OnEvent'
    ...romixis\Girder5\luascript\Classes/DUI/ConfigBase.lua:53: in function <...romixis\Girder5\luascript\Classes/DUI/ConfigBase.lua:49>

I don't have anything close to "zip.lub" in my directory.
    Thanks,
    Jon

It should have been installed with G5 - its not in the 517 install. Argh. We did not have our act together for this build. Sorry

The location can also set itself using the IP address of your machine - or manually enter for now.

Ron -

Is there still a way to retrieve the time of sunrise and sunset from LUA in G5? It doesn't look like the SunriseSunset variable mentioned earlier in this thread is still around.

Best,
    Tim

You should be able to use either SunriseSunset:GetLocalSunrise() or SunriseSunset:GetSunrise() and the corresponding GetLocalSunset and GetSunset methods.

I'm not entirely sure without looking at the code what the difference is, but the Local versions seem to be the useable values.
    --Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12