Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DENON AVR4306, how to control it ?

Hmm... looking at my version of init.lua it's possible that there's a problem with the naming. Try this :-

Code:
    local Denon = serial.devices["Denon AVR"].New('192.168.0.10:23')
    Denon:Open()
    ie make it a local variable in the action where you create the device. You can leave your other actions alone as the device will create the global variable by itself.
    --Rob

Same result...

Hi Rob,
    After a new reset of Girder, all looks good
    I'm very happy.
    Thanks very much for your strong support...

Great, glad to hear it. Sorry it took so long to get this going - you're pretty much breaking new ground here though
    --Rob

Rob,

Your plugin work like a charme... But....
    I'm so sorry, I'm still there...

I can send some actions with NetRemote to my new Denon. But how I can receive the status directly to my ccf ?
    I tested the ccf who was with the plugin (Denon AVR3805.ccf), but it doesn't seem to work…
    Do you have an idea?

Simplest (?) way is to use Girder 5 which has the Device Manager

Not sure where that CCF came from - it isn't mine.
    --Rob

From what I've found in this thread I've set up G5 to run my 3808CI over ethernet w\o any trouble at all. I created a lua script in G5\Luascript\startup I called DenonIP.lua with the code Rob suggested:

local Denon = serial.devices["Denon AVR"].New('192.168.0.10:23')
    Denon:Open()

(obviously changed to reflect my unit's IP address)

I don't know if this applies to other models, but don't forget to turn network power saving OFF (it is on by default) or you won't be able to wake your unit up. Setup->Network Setup->Other->Power Saving->OFF

I looked at device manager Rob- the unit shows up there but I haven't messed with it yet (it's late here). What would I use device manger for?

DeviceManager provides a single point of control for a device - you can add DM actions to a GML, it can use the web server to produce a normal web page, you can use the iPhone/touch web interface, or you can use NetRemote (e.g. with the flatstyle CCF or your own custom version of it). Any change that you make in any of these will automatically be reflected to the others.
    --Rob

Hi,
    I just connected my new Denon X4000 to Girder using the way mentioned above.
    It's working with the Denon:PowerOff() example that's also in this thread.
    But I can't find any documentation how to trigger other events than the power ones above.
    The events listed here doesn't seem to work:
    http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Page...0%28DenonNA%29
    Instead those Power events that do work are again not listed in the documentation by Denon.
    Do you have any kind of documentation of events I could use?

Okay, I realized now I would have to rewrite the x805.lua to match my X4000 – which is much more than I'm able to do in LUA...
    For now I'm using the transport Actions in my GML to control the basics of the receiver.
    But I have one problem I couldn't solve! At night I switch off power on all my devices which makes girder loosing the connection to my Denon. I thought I just need to run the "transport : open" skript again to build the connection to the receiver again. But apparently the only thing that seems to help is restarting Girder to re-establish the connection to the Denon.
    Is there anything else I could do to keep/rebuild the connection when power on the Denon get switched on again?
    Last edited by Pinkie2; May 6th, 2014 at 12:47 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123