Thread: Terratec Cinergy 2400 Remote

Default Terratec Cinergy 2400 Remote

Hi,

I'm doing a complete overhaul on my pc and am looking to get the Terratec Cinergy 2400.

I'd just like to know, is it possible to use this remote with Girder?
    The remote connects via it's own USB receiver

Thanks

I don't think anyone's written a plugin for it.

I'd reconsider the Terratec personally - the quality of DVB-T video is okay, but not great. I have one in my MCE box, but I prefer the Nebula DigiTV in my media server, the quality is much higher. On the other hand the Nebula has just the one tuner, but you can add extra USB tuners to it. There is a plugin for Nebula's DigiTV software, although I'm not sure whether that supports the remote as I haven't started using it yet.

I've also heard good reports of the Black Gold cards.
    --Rob

Thanks for the info

My plan for the system is to have XP64 running so it requires a card with 64bit drivers and I've liked using Girder under 32bit and want to carry on doing so. My current tuner is a Hauppauge Nova-T PCI, no 64bit drivers available for that and it won't fit

I'd prefer a PCI-Express card really as the layout of the mobo I'm using (and most made these days) limits the amount of free PCI slots, and of course there's plenty of bandwidth to hand. Also I'd like to steer clear of USB as I've got around 10 USB devices for various things as it is hehe. I've been unable to find that many PCI-e TV Tuners and DVB-T is all I want from it. The reviews I've read of the Terratec seem reasonable to me. The only other ones I've found are a Pinnacle (no 64bit support), the Avermedia A1A1 (not yet released), and the Blackgold you suggested, a bit pricey and I can't see if it'll have 64bit support. I'll most likely run the new card under third party software, forgotten the name of it though.

Does know of any other PCI-e digital tuners?
    Preferably with a remote included and the ability to use it under Girder?
    Or thinking about it now, has anyone used the Snapstream Firefly remote, is it recommendable?

There's the DNTV cards from Australia, but I don't know whether they're easily available in other parts of the world. http://www.digitalnow.com.au/index.html
    --Rob

Thanks rob,

at the mo i'm thinking a firefly remote (says on their site it supports girder, although not sure about XP64) and the Terratec, not buying the TV tuner for another month or so, would be willing to leave the remote if i could find a suitable tuner with a girder supported remote. I live in the UK btw