Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conditional action using ambient light

Default Conditional action using ambient light

I'd like to set up some lighting actions that only occur under certain ambient light conditions. Basically I'd like the action (turn a light on) to only occur if ambient light is less than a certain level (e.g. >= little dark). How would I set this up?

Thanks

Grog, create the action, add the event to trigger, add the conditional for ambient light and pick the settings you need.

Hi Mike,

I figured it should be as simple as that but I haven't been able to find where/how to add the conditional piece. The only things I see in the Ambient Light actions are "Set area light level" and "Adjust area light level". Where are the Ambient Light conditionals?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grog View Post
    Hi Mike,

I figured it should be as simple as that but I haven't been able to find where/how to add the conditional piece. The only things I see in the Ambient Light actions are "Set area light level" and "Adjust area light level". Where are the Ambient Light conditionals?

Thanks

Should be under the conditionals tab on the left side

Ahhh, I had to scroll down to see it. I figured it was something dumb, just not that dumb. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by grog View Post
    Ahhh, I had to scroll down to see it. I figured it was something dumb, just not that dumb. Thanks for your help.
    no problem

I now know how to add the conditional but it's not working properly for some reason. It doesn't matter if the conditional state is true or false, the action always executes regardless. I tried placing the conditional at the same level as the event (just below the action) and I also tried placing the conditional below the event but it still didn't make a difference. Is there something else I'm missing?

How are you testing it?
    --Rob

Oh, and what build of G5 are you using? I remember fixing a bug to do with the ambient light conditional recently.

If you're using the latest then try a search here for the fix.
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    Oh, and what build of G5 are you using? I remember fixing a bug to do with the ambient light conditional recently.

If you're using the latest then try a search here for the fix.
    It's in http://www.promixis.com/forums/showt...nt+conditional
    Terry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast