Thread: default.xml - should it be moved to config directory?

Default default.xml - should it be moved to config directory?

I was going through a clean G5 install to the latest build and had backed up all of my config data from my previous version. When I got things back up and running everything was fine except that all of my Remote Event Mappings were gone. I did some poking around and found that the Event Mappings are stored in a file called default.xml in the main Girder install directory. Wouldn't it make more sense to store this file with the rest of the user configuration data so it doesn't get lost if you do an uninstall?

Quote Originally Posted by grog View Post
    I was going through a clean G5 install to the latest build and had backed up all of my config data from my previous version. When I got things back up and running everything was fine except that all of my Remote Event Mappings were gone. I did some poking around and found that the Event Mappings are stored in a file called default.xml in the main Girder install directory. Wouldn't it make more sense to store this file with the rest of the user configuration data so it doesn't get lost if you do an uninstall?
    Makes sense.