Thread: Getting Error in DebugView...

Default Getting Error in DebugView...

When running the provided mce_1024x768.ccf and lua I see the following error(s) in DebugView (complete log and lua attached).

00000052 4:14:18 PM [2316] 16:14:18.598] Lua (Unknown)] Error running lua chunk
    00000053 4:14:18 PM [2316] [string "NRLUA"]:1: attempt to index global `Generic' (a nil value)
    00000054 4:14:18 PM [2316] 16:14:18.598] Lua (Unknown)] Generic.Connected(-2020);
    00000055 4:14:18 PM [2316] 16:14:18.598] ScriptEngine] Requested library

AFIK, everything runs fine and it may be something I shouldn't be concerned about, but I thought this may indicate an error in my setup and/or configuration?

In looking at this further, it seems to protest the -2020 instance for some reason. That is the serial port (#1 or first port) on the Global Cache. I thought I set that according to the documentation but maybe not. A screen capture of that configuration is attached. Is there some code that needs to be in the lua to make this error go away and/or use the serial port?

Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gary.ds; June 22nd, 2007 at 05:15 PM.

Are you using the Generic plugin at all, Gary? If not, you can simply remove it from your plugin instance list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S View Post
    Are you using the Generic plugin at all, Gary? If not, you can simply remove it from your plugin instance list.
    Ben, yes it is my intent to use it. In debugging serial code, I noticed this error and started tracing back to where it first occured. Since I was getting it with the provided lua/ccf, I figure it must have something to do with the instance configuration that I added. However, its so straight forward, I don't see much room for error?

Gary
    Last edited by Gary.ds; June 23rd, 2007 at 10:16 AM.

So you aren't calling anything into Generic, you just see that error message?

So you aren't calling anything into Generic, you just see that error message?
    Thats correct. Since I am/was trying lua sockets direct to the GC I deleted the serial instance for the GC and the error went away. However, I am having some reliability issues going direct and would like to try the Generic plug-in to see if the response(s) back from my receiver are any more reliable. Any ideas on what is causing this error?

Thanks
    Gary

Let me run a few quick tests, Gary.

Let me run a few quick tests, Gary.
    Thanks Ben, if you need any more information, let me know.

Gary

Alright Gary - Vista threw me for a loop on this one.

Here's the solution: Copy the GenericPlugin.lua from the luascript directory to the luascript/startup directory and you're good. You can then customize the GenericPlugin script if you'd like, though GIP is really the way to go (versus the Generic Plugin's partially baked solution).

If on Vista - if you copy the file it goes into your local user version of Program Files, not the -real- one, so you'll be completely confused as to why your edits don't seem to be taking place.