Thread: Music - 2 Functions Required - Please advise

Default Music - 2 Functions Required - Please advise

Hi All,

To be able to release my Music & Now Playing Panels to production I need to add 2 more functions.

1. ALbum List Return Random
    Currently the system just returns the list of albums in sequential order. The order is always the same.

What I would like to do is randomise the Covers returned by my GAC request. Any idead how to do this?

2. Shuffle Playlist

Shuflle Now Playing.

Once I select my Albums & Songs for my playlist, the system currently just moves through them sequetially. I would like to press a button and then have the system play through the playlist in random order. ARe there any functions for this?

Which media player?

Also do you have Girder?

With JRMC you can shuffle the list via Girder. I use 'send message' plug in in Girder 3.3 and send:
    Message number: 33768
    wParam: 10005
    IParam: 2

Alternatively you can set the shuffle mode in JRMC from NR by toggling the value of the variable: MP.ShuffleState. Turning shuffle mode on then off again has the effect of shuffling the list. If you leave it switched on all tracks added will be shuffled when added.

Regarding random GAC covers I don't know how to do this with any reliability. You can however easily set up a button that will play (but not display) an album at random by pointing it at a suitable view scheme in JRMC.

If you are using another media player sorry I can't help.
    Last edited by Jlee; July 1st, 2007 at 04:35 PM.
    JLee
    OpusNR & JLee CCF/GML available in the downloads section.

I am currently using Media Player. But once I have everything working I intend to migrate to JRMC to take advantage of the Multi-zone feature.

I am also using Girder.

Cheers
    Nuro

'Media Player'? Do you mean Windows Media Player?

I'd say migrate to JRMC now before doing a lot of work so you save on rework later.
    JLee

Yes Windows Media Player.

You are probably correct. I see that they are up to JRMC V12. Will this still work with MediaBridge - or do I need an older version?

JRMC 12 works fine
    JLee

I guess I will download tonight and see if I can make sense of it.