Thread: Wake from Standby Requires NR Client Reboot

Default Wake from Standby Requires NR Client Reboot

I have implemented a Wake from Standby (S3) function in my ccf that I run on a PPC. I have no problem bring the server out of standby using it, however both Girder.LinkActive and MP.LinkActive show as not linked from the PPC.
    I can tell that both Girder and MediaBridge resume fine from standby on the server. If I bring up NR on the server it works fine and shows Girder.LinkActive and MP.LinkActive as active. But NR on the PPC (which is running before the server wakes) shows the links as down.
    If I restart NR on the PPC after the server has woken up, then it will show the Girder.LinkActive and MP.LinkActive as up. I can reach the internet from the PPC at all times so it is not an issue of the PPC not being able to communicate wirelessly during this process.
    The attachment show the Girder log output when the server is put into standby via the PPC, when it is awaken via the PPC and when NR is restarted on the PPC in order to get the connection up.
    Is there a way to reestablish the Girder and Mediabridge link in this situation without having to reboot NR?
    I am running Girder 4.0.15, MB 2.2.0.82, and NR2.0.0.98

Thanks

Dudley
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DCKJR; July 2nd, 2007 at 04:00 PM. Reason: add attachment

Not sure about Girder, but this is the thing that Marcel was talking about recently, also.

For MediaBridge, there is an action "Force reconnect" that will do what you are looking for.

I found the MB force reconnect action as well as one for Girder. Thanks for the pointer. Neither of them would do anything (nothing logged in Girder) when they were executed from NR2.0.0.98 on the PPC.
    However I loaded NR2.0.0.99 and both the MB and Girder link now show active as soon as the server completes coming out of standby. So whatever changes you made in .99 seem to have fixed the problem. Thank you.

Dudley