Thread: Rename Buttons/Frame during runtime with LUA?

Default Rename Buttons/Frame during runtime with LUA?

Hello,

I am wondering wether it's possible to change the names of buttons and frames during runtime with a lua-script. I investigated the NetRemote-Library and found Page- and Element-objects. But I found only a GETNAME function and no SETNAME function.

The idea behind this is to to use one layout, e.g. 5 buttons that can change there naming from a simple text or even a netremote variable to another. With this I can interactivly implement smartbuttons without using many buttons object and deal with states. Also if it would be possible to change the imagevariable-name for buttons/frames would be helpful.

This would allow a smarter userinterface. What do you think?

BR/Marc
    Last edited by Marquis; July 3rd, 2007 at 11:53 AM.

I am farirly convinced that cannot "rename" a button, nor can you persuade P. to implement it :-). However, you can use button names containingNetRemote variables using {} notation, which will be expanded on the screen. Then change the involved variables from LUA using NetRemote.SetVariable(...).

In addition to that you can use bind-at-load e.g. have a button called

Code:
    {<myvar>}
    Suppose myvar had the value 'abc' - this will then be treated as a NetRemote variable name and the button will display the value of the variable called abc.

Note that bind-at-load variables are only updated when a page is loaded
    --Rob