Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to comm with Harman Kardon AVR-145????

Default Trying to comm with Harman Kardon AVR-145????

Dear gents,

I'm really desesperate on this one. I'm trying for a week now to send commands to my Harman Kardon AVR-145 receiver. I tried many things but unsuccessful so far this is why I'm asking the help of professionals.

The AVR-145 is very similar to the AVR-435 & 635 where *.lua file appear on the download page. The protocol document and wire setup I received from HK are exactly the same as the one posted on the download page. Initially I used the downloaded "lua" and found there was a mistake in it. Stop Bit was = to 1 and I changed to 0 since in the document it is written that Stop Bit 1 (in Girder stop bit 1 = 0 in the lua... from what I understand...

Please find below what I have when I trigger "mute" action.

When Girder open:

Loading Harman Kardon Profile
    Loaded Harman Kardon Profile
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V2.0 : Opened Device: Harman Kardon Receivers V2.0 Port: 5 Settings: 38400 N 0 8 0
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V2.0 : Callback Installed 2

When "mute" is triggerred:

Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V2.0 : Command queued: 50 43 53 45 4E 44 02 04 80 70 C1 3E 41 4E PCSEND..p>AN at postion 1
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V2.0 : Simple Send: 50 43 53 45 4E 44 02 04 80 70 C1 3E 41 4E PCSEND..p>AN
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V2.0 : Simple Receive: Data Code: 16384
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V2.0 : ERROR: No response to last command

I think my files are fine but since I have no results... I don't know where to sit...

Please find attached mu lua... gml and protocol sheet from Harman Kardon.

I really need help on this one. I'm working late each night to make it work and I'm starting to be little tired

Thanks in advance

Regards

Charles
    Attached Files Attached Files

You're not specifying a callback type - try adding these two lines at around line 24 of the lua file

Code:
        CallbackType = serial.CB_FIXEDLENGTH, 
        ReceiveFixedLength = 512,
    The length specified is (hopefully) longer than any response you'll get back from the HK - I've done it this way because the way the protocol works doesn't really fit with any of the other callback types since the length field is at the 8th byte. Accordingly you'll need to write a ReceiveResponse method that checks for an incomplete response e.g.
    Code:
    ReceiveResponse = function(self, data, code)
       if math.band(code, serial.INCOMPLETERESPONSETIMEOUT) > 0 then
           -- process the data here
           code = serial.zerobits (code,serial.INCOMPLETERESPONSETIMEOUT)
       end
       serial.Classes.Queued.ReceiveResponse(self, data, code)
    end,
    --Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply,

I'll give it a try and let you know.

The thing I found curious is... back in 2006 there was a similar problem with an HK 635 were you participate in resolving the problem I took the successfull script made by "barca0" and I just changed StopBits = 1 to 0 (so it is specified in pc_remocon....pdf )the all the rest is the same. Do you think I shouldn't done that?

This is the link of this past post is here:

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showt...ghlight=harman

Anyway I have nothing to loose at this point, I'll try anything you ask me.

I'll get back today!

Thanks

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    You're not specifying a callback type - try adding these two lines at around line 24 of the lua file

Code:
        CallbackType = serial.CB_FIXEDLENGTH, 
        ReceiveFixedLength = 512,
    The length specified is (hopefully) longer than any response you'll get back from the HK - I've done it this way because the way the protocol works doesn't really fit with any of the other callback types since the length field is at the 8th byte. Accordingly you'll need to write a ReceiveResponse method that checks for an incomplete response e.g.
    Code:
    ReceiveResponse = function(self, data, code)
       if math.band(code, serial.INCOMPLETERESPONSETIMEOUT) > 0 then
           -- process the data here
           code = serial.zerobits (code,serial.INCOMPLETERESPONSETIMEOUT)
       end
       serial.Classes.Queued.ReceiveResponse(self, data, code)
    end,
    OK...

Done what you asked me,

Here is the result,

Loading Harman Kardon Profile
    Loaded Harman Kardon Profile
    Loading Sharp Aquos Profile
    Loaded Sharp Aquos
    Welcome to Promixis Girder 4.0!
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V3.0 : Opened Device: Harman Kardon Receivers V3.0 Port: 1 Settings: 38400 N 0 8 0
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V3.0 : Callback Installed 1
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V3.0 : Command queued: 50 43 53 45 4E 44 02 04 80 70 9F 60 1F 10 PCSEND..p`.. at postion 1
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V3.0 : Simple Send: 50 43 53 45 4E 44 02 04 80 70 9F 60 1F 10 PCSEND..p`..
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V3.0 : Simple Receive: Data Code: 16384
    Serial: Harman Kardon Receivers V3.0 : ERROR: No response to last command

The only difference I see from the previous lua is now Callback Installed is 1 instead of 2. Otherwise no reation from HK receiver:sad:

Also I joined the new lua for your troubleshooting pleasure

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks again,

Charles
    Attached Files Attached Files

The protocol document doesn't specify the flow control - it may require hardware flow control perhaps. The other thing is the cable - I'd try running Hyperterm and connecting at the same settings. Then make some adjustments on using the reciever's remote and see if you get any status information - if not then it's probably the cable.
    --Rob

The protocol document doesn't specify the flow control - it may require hardware flow control perhaps. The other thing is the cable - I'd try running Hyperterm and connecting at the same settings. Then make some adjustments on using the reciever's remote and see if you get any status information - if not then it's probably the cable.
    Hi Rob,

Thanks again for your support.

From what I can understand, we have acheived all we could do on Girder side, Right?

I know my cable is good, I tested it with an ohm meter, and com port is working, the only thing is:

- A dead com port on my receiver.

BTW Before I made my own cable, I bought a "supposed" straight thru cable, I found out after it was a cross one, pin 2 was at 3 at the other end. By your experience with that kid of stuff, Is it possible that I damaged my receiver?

- I've been misleaded on protocol and codes by Harman Kardon.

I'll give it a try in sending codes with HyperTerminal!

Thanks

Charles

[QUOTE=cjean;117551]

Sorry my post was supposed to be like this

Hi Rob,

Thanks again for your support.

From what I can understand, we have acheived all we could do on Girder side, Right?

I know my cable is good, I tested it with an ohm meter, and com port is working. The remanings to look after are:

- A dead com port on my receiver?

BTW Before I made my own cable, I bought a "supposed" straight thru cable, I found out after it was a cross one, pin 2 was at 3 at the other end. By your experience with that kid of stuff, Is it possible that I damaged my receiver?

- I've been misleaded on protocol and codes by Harman Kardon?

I'll give it a try in sending codes with HyperTerminal!

Thanks

Charles

It's possible that the com port is dead - or alternatively, perhaps you need to enable serial comms in the HK's setup somehow?
    --Rob

It's possible that the com port is dead - or alternatively, perhaps you need to enable serial comms in the HK's setup somehow?
    Thank you Rob,

I wish my com port is not dead... speaking for my self, I've never seen a such case so far... Unfortunatly, nothing in the AVR menu is showing com parameter.

I'll pray god that it is not dead!

Thanks for your support,

Regards,

Charles

Any response when using Hyperterm and changing e.g. the volume from the remote?
    --Rob

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast