Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BUG in single track GAC generated playlist

Default BUG in single track GAC generated playlist

Hi,

I've found a GAC with 'now playing' scheme will not update if only one single track is loaded and the replaced by a different single track.

Using MB 2.2.0.83 and NR 2.0.0.99 tested with JRMC and WMP.

Cheers

Dan
    XP + G4 + Lua = :)

Am i the only one effected by this?

Dan,
    I have noticed this too. At first I thought it was related my custom code, but I noticed the same thing in MediaPlayer. According to Ben, NetRemote is suppose to query the first two tracks, if they are different then reload the playlist. I have traced and noticed the client does query for the first two tracks, but seems to ignore if they have changed. Actually it seems that any time the same number of tracks is put into the playlist (i.e. the count doesn't change) then NetRemote doesn't think the playlist has changed. See the bottom of the 10th page of the Foobar post http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?p=102571
    I hope more people can confirm whether or not this is an issue. (although I did notice sometimes MP works because of a timing issue, the playlist will empty, and NR will query before the track is added back.)

Thanks,
    Brett

We'll be looking at the Mediabridge plugin this week, and probably MediaBridge itself a short while after.

It would probably be a good idea if you reminded us about this in a few days.
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JBrett View Post
    Actually it seems that any time the same number of tracks is put into the playlist (i.e. the count doesn't change) then NetRemote doesn't think the playlist has changed.
    This answers a few questions i had pondered.

I justed tested this with the latest MB and latest NR and under jrmc12 this works fine. What versions are you running?
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ron,
    I haven't update in a while, I'm running 2.2.0.83 MediaBridge and 2.0.0.104 NetRemote. I Will update to the latest of both and check but I don't have WinAmp or JRiver available, (due to my platform, Windows 2003 server (WinAmp), and lack of wanting to pay for a player, (JRiver)). I use my custom player (Satyr). I will re-check MediaPlayer, but it seems a little in-valid, as I have noticed (in the past) MediaPlayer deletes the tracks, pauses, then adds a track back, giving NetRemote time to see the playlist drop to zero then back up to one (sometimes). I also only see this with GAC now, but as stated I only use my custom player (Satyr), and had built in a checksum for this issue, which only seemed to fix the "TreeView" portion. If Dan is listening, (I'm pretty sure he has JRiver) and would be so gracious, he can check, but to duplicate the problem the steps should be:
    1. Have a GAC created "NowPlaying" list.
    2. Play a single track
    3. Play a different single track
    The "NowPlaying" list will not update with the second tracks info.

Thanks,
    Brett

That is the exact procedure I followed with JRMC12. Curious to see what Dan finds.
    Ron
    No support through PM

I still see it as a problem, but it could be the method i use to play (or something..). I've knocked up a VERY simple .ccf to demo the problem, should work ok with JRMC.

To see the problem click an album** to see the tracks, clicking a track will start playing that track immediately, you should see the current track name come up bottom right. Now click another track (different album is good for me, but whatever) and the new track should start playing but the old track name is still displayed. If you want to see the playlist update, hit the 'add' button, this will change the palylist length and bingo, the correct track name should appear with the newly added track. Still not convinced? now you have 2 (or more) tracks in your playlist, click a new track to start it playing the playlist length changes to 1 and the track name is immediately updated.

A word of caution this .ccf has no volume controls so check your within reach of your hardware controls before you start.

**If you just started NR and dont see albums just reopen the .ccf and it should be ok.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by theguywiththefunnyhair; April 25th, 2008 at 06:28 AM. Reason: updated attachments

Ok, I think I have all the details. I changed my setup to use MediaPlayer and was able to reproduce the problem consistently by using two NetRemote clients (different machines). I used "mce_1024x768.ccf". On the first machine, navigated to the "Queue" page and left it there. On the second machine I played a single track. This was updated on the first machine. I then played a different single track and the first machine was not updated. If I changed the number of tracks by adding an additional track, the change would then be reflected on the first machine. I also noticed that if I backed out of the "Queue" page then went back into it, it would then reflect the track change. (That is why I had to use two NetRemote clients.) It also explains my biggest question as to why Dan and I were the only ones noticing it, most of the .ccf files require you to back out of the "Now Playing" list to add a track and then go back to the "Now Playing" list, this would reflect the change.
    It is also important to note that the speed of the MediaBridge machine does play a factor. I originally did the test with an older (amazingly slow) computer running MediaBridge. It seemed that MediaPlayer was running slow enough to give NetRemote time to query inbetween deleting the track and adding one back, thus the change would be reflected as NetRemote saw the number of tracks change to zero then back to one.

Thanks,
    Brett
    Last edited by JBrett; April 25th, 2008 at 05:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast