Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Nokia SMS Plugin Bugs...

Quote Originally Posted by rpalmer68 View Post
    I can't remember if it worked or not, as the 5110 never worked properly.

R
    The answer was that it didn't.

I was looking in the wrong place for the darned fix... lol.

I've done some changes to all three files to add a parameter called CALLBACK which is now in a dropdown box where the old destination telephone number was. You can enter any mobile number in the box as an alternative. Putting callback in the destination mobile number box bounces back the message to the sending mobile - the calling number is still held in [pld4] if you need to access it in a script.

I've used two sepearate mobiles to test it here in the uk. You will need to let me know if it works where you are.

As this site doesn't let you upload rar files I uploaded it to my website instead...

http://www.neomorph.net/promixis/Nokia3310%20v2.rar

You just need to extract it to the plugins directory.

Oh yeah and let me know how it goes... watch out for a bug that I've seen pop up once in over 20 messages and that was a "Not Allowed" message that got thrown up for some weird reason.
    Last edited by NeoMorph; September 20th, 2007 at 09:52 PM.
    - John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven
    - "IthinkI'mgoingtobantheuseofthespacebarinfuture..."

John, there's probably a call to gir.ParseString() somewhere that handles the substitution.
    --Rob

You can upload zip files though (which you can create with WinRAR as I'm sure you know).
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    You can upload zip files though (which you can create with WinRAR as I'm sure you know).
    Can we all say DOH!... Memory loss boy (that's me) forgot about that. Baaaaaaaaaad night for pain but eventually good night for editing SMS Plugin.

I eventually found the parse statement (I had been looking in the wrong place) and wrote some extra code to work on callback codes. I have now added a separate action that calls back to the incoming sms for confirmation.

Here is how it goes...
    1. Person "R" sends an SMS text message to his Home Automation Server mobile (or HAS-M as we in the technogeeks like to call it).
    2. HAS-M receives the SMS and reads that person "R" wants the lights turned off outside.
    3. HAS-M turns off the outside lights and gets the completion code.
    4. HAS-M sends an SMS back to person "R" informing him that the lights have been turned off and why wasn't he home yet? (just kidding on the last bit).
    Well I think I had better do what I keep nagging other people to do and add some examples and full documentation for the plugin.

I have got to say this... I may have been doing bug fixes to the program but the real star of the SMS show is danward79 who created the original version. My fixes are just the custom bodywork on Dan's classic vehicle (if you can call the Nokia 3310 a classic that is heh).

Doing the fixes even helped me learn even more of Girder which is a good thing.

Once I've done the final polishing I'll start a new thread and post the plugin and docs. I'll need peeps to bug test it as I've only confirmed it works in the UK and Australia. I'm not sure about other countries yet.

Oh and thanks Richard (RPalmer69) for testing the code in Australia... I had problems with code and Richard had problems with hardware (he had one handset that kept committing suicide and turning itself off)... but we succeeded in the end.

As they said in Galaxy Quest... "No Retreat... No Surrender!!!".
    Last edited by NeoMorph; September 21st, 2007 at 05:07 AM.
    - John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMorph View Post
    The answer was that it didn't.

I was looking in the wrong place for the darned fix... lol.

I've done some changes to all three files to add a parameter called CALLBACK which is now in a dropdown box where the old destination telephone number was. You can enter any mobile number in the box as an alternative. Putting callback in the destination mobile number box bounces back the message to the sending mobile - the calling number is still held in [pld4] if you need to access it in a script.

I've used two sepearate mobiles to test it here in the uk. You will need to let me know if it works where you are.

As this site doesn't let you upload rar files I uploaded it to my website instead...

http://www.neomorph.net/promixis/Nokia3310%20v2.rar

You just need to extract it to the plugins directory.

Oh yeah and let me know how it goes... watch out for a bug that I've seen pop up once in over 20 messages and that was a "Not Allowed" message that got thrown up for some weird reason.
    The above link is not working. Is there an another link from where I can download the updated Nokia SMS plugin.

Thanks in advance.

Oops... sorry... my website had a configuration problem a bit back and I haven't got around to putting everything back...

I'll sort it out now...

Edit: The link is fixed now... Actually I need to thank you for reminding me about it because since I setup my new working server I hadn't got around to installing the sms stuff which is still connected to my old server.
    Last edited by NeoMorph; January 2nd, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
    - John H

Got the file. Thank you.

You're welcome.
    - John H

Smile

me too...
    I can test with a 3310

If you tell me what I'm testing

Cheers

MArk
    some people learn by writing, some by reading, some by listening and some by doing?...me I'm not learning at all

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567