Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemote 2

As with v2.0.0.99, MarcelUtils Bar Charts seem to be broken.
    It works fine for me on win32 (.99 and .100, latest dll version 4-aug-2007, note comments in marcelutils thread about now requiring wlanapi files)

Is your problem specific to bar charts on state frames or doesn't it work at all ?

does the marcelutilsdriverdial.ccf test file work ?

Marcel

The CE.4.2 build runs well on my CE5.0 device.

What I have to do for it is:

1.copy the imgdecmp.dll, mfcce400.dll und olece400.dll into the windows folder

2. rename drv_zoom.dll to drv_zoom.dl1

After doing this changes NR is running. The only bug is in the plugin settings, if i go in the properties of a plugin instance, I can't see any text in the text fields.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CE5.0.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	4108  
    ---Simon

Quote Originally Posted by mhwlng View Post
    Is your problem specific to bar charts on state frames or doesn't it work at all ?

does the marcelutilsdriverdial.ccf test file work ?

Marcel
    Yes and Yes
    That is, the test file works fine and my problem is specific to bar charts in frames- they just don't show up in NRD or in NR. I therefore suspect this is related to Dan's (funnyhair) problem. I have bar charts in regular frames and hidden state frames; neither work with the latest driver. I do have the wlanapi files loaded. I'll put together an example CCF tonight (~17 hours from now).

Much appreciated; I'll use your CCF to (hopefully) track down the issue.

Best,
    Tim

Example attached.
    On the test page, the bar charts on the top and side behave as they should. The problem appears to be when the bar charts are in loop frames. While the Red line works as it should, the other two bars do not. The sliders to adjust them are on the left.

Probably related- Marcel Dial charts in a loop frame don't display properly either.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by theguywiththefunnyhair View Post
    Ron,
    Problem when starting NRD if NR is already running, generates an error that i dont understand but it might mean something to you.
    Dan
    Does this happen for you with all CCF's?

Thanks,
    Tim

Good question.

At first i tried loading a few random .ccf's then NRD and got the error everytime so i was about to say yes, then i closed NR and NRD and started over and now i don't get it with any .ccf.

I guess this is good news unless it comes back, if it does i'll let you know.

Dan
    XP + G4 + Lua = :)

It's already been mentioned in an earlier post but seems to be forgotten. I can't use it! Runs fine on it's own, but when you try to start the Netdesigner, the Editor beeps and says something about a class already being present and shuts down. I have had to put the old version back so I can use Netdesigner. Despite that, I would like to say what a clever and innovative program suit you have designed here, well done guys, all it needs to make it first class is a set of clear idiots guides on how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by wedgehog View Post
    I can't use it! Runs fine on it's own, but when you try to start the Netdesigner, the Editor beeps and says something about a class already being present and shuts down.
    Close NetRemote and then start NR Designer. It will then start itself and NetRemote w/o the error.
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgehog View Post
    Despite that, I would like to say what a clever and innovative program suit you have designed here, well done guys, all it needs to make it first class is a set of clear idiots guides on how to use it.
    Have a look at the help files, especially in Designer. I think you'll find all the beginner stuff and more. For the advanced stuff, I found looking at other user's CCF files a great help (learn by example). Keep with it and good luck!

[QUOTE=dsmes;119427]Close NetRemote and then start NR Designer. It will then start itself and NetRemote w/o the error.QUOTE]

No it doesn't.

I have been through the help files and the pdf's loads of times, but I would say that a presumption is made by the writers that you already have a phd in computing. Also on a particular thing it will say something like, "you can use this to do this" and nothing else, well great I want to use this to do that, like I want to use netremote without girder to transmit i/r from my windows pc. The help file says

"Direct IR on PC
    Before starting NetRemote, ensure the USB-UIRT is connected and its driver has been installed according to the instructions that came with it.
    In NetRemote Options, Plugins, highlight an Infrared instance and press Properties. Set the driver mode to Direct. "

Ok great done that, now what? That's about as useful as a chocolate ashtray and it's only one of many like it.
    I have spent hours looking at others files but when you look at their action list it shows an action, but does not show where it got it from. It would be nice if when you highlighted the action it jumped to it in the left hand pane but I suppose if I haven't got the same plugins it may not be able to find it.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast