No support through PM

See the first message in this thread for the download link
    --Rob

Indeed, thanks for clarifying that Rob
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by theguywiththefunnyhair View Post
    Fair enough,

If you load this ccf and click (select) a menu item, you will see it change to yellow as you do, however the one that was previously selected does not go back to blue. If you minimise the NR window then bring it back you will see the deselected items have now gone back to blue.

If you open the ccf with NRD and change the state of the frame called colour to hidden instead of visible with a new colour, you should now see the list behave perfectly. This suggests the only remaining state problem exists when both states are visible states.

Congratulations on sorting out the rest of the state bugs, they were a PITA!!

Dan
    Okay, I did some digging on this one, and here's what I learned: for multi-state frames, NetRemote currently looks for the first NR variable referenced by a LUA block, and watches its value. If that value changes, it should trigger a repaint of the frame.

In your case, the NetRemote value isn't changing -- the LUA variable that you're comparing it to is changing. NetRemote isn't set up to monitor LUA variables, so it doesn't repaint the frame until the entire panel gets refreshed.

I remember an old thread where Ben clarified this, and I never really understood the implications. Basically, if you want a frame to refresh, you have to make sure the the first NR variable referenced in your LUA will change in order to trigger the repaint.

I've been stung by this in my own CCF's, and clearly it's mis-leading to be able to enter LUA code and not have that LUA code trigger a repaint at any time. HOWEVER, if we give it some thought, it's clear why Ben chose to do this: the alternative would be to evaluate the LUA for every single drawable entity every time any variable changes. This could be severely detrimental to performance.

Let me give this some thought and see if there's an elegant solution. At the very least, the contingency for repaints needs to be clearly communicated in NetRemote Designer so that we don't all get misled, but hopefully there is a better solution than just issuing the caveat.

In the mean-time, I'd recommend setting an NR variable to mirror MyVars.Search.Tag, and then making that NetRemote variable the first variable referenced in your LUA block when you do the comparison. That should trigger the appropriate repaints.

Lest you be tempted, note that it will do no good to implement the mirroring of MyVars.Search.Tag in the LUA block for the frame (ie - copying the value of MyVars.Search.Tag into a NetRemote variable within the LUA block for the frame) -- the LUA code specified by the frame will not be triggered to run by variable change that happens within itself, only by a variable change that happens externally .

So for now, this one counts as "By Design", though I definitely think the design needs to be explained up front so we don't all suffer the same confusion!

Best,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Manser View Post
    I'm wondering if I'm the only one how have problems with state's witch will not refreshing automatically? This happens either with NR Variables or Lua Variables.
    I have to activate and deactivate the NR Window that it do the state refresh.
    This happens not with ccf's, created with the old NRD .42 they run perfect.
    So this is perhaps a problem with the new designer.

After some tests:

I found out that if I copy a existing Button with a state rule and edit it with for example with a new lua rule or an other variable for the state rule then it still have the old rule deposited. New way to assign the new rules!!!
    But the state function works, they just wont update automatically. I have to de-/activate the NR window for refreshing the state.
    Let me know if you're still seeing this with the latest builds of NR and NRD, and if so, I'd love to get a CCF so I can debug it on this end.

Many Thanks,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tmorten View Post
    Okay, I did some digging on this one, and here's what I learned: for multi-state frames, NetRemote currently looks for the first NR variable referenced by a LUA block, and watches its value. If that value changes, it should trigger a repaint of the frame.

In your case, the NetRemote value isn't changing -- the LUA variable that you're comparing it to is changing. NetRemote isn't set up to monitor LUA variables, so it doesn't repaint the frame until the entire panel gets refreshed.

I remember an old thread where Ben clarified this, and I never really understood the implications. Basically, if you want a frame to refresh, you have to make sure the the first NR variable referenced in your LUA will change in order to trigger the repaint.
    Ok, i was under the impression i could use any Lua variable as long as i also had a NR var in there as well. What your saying is i can have an Lua variable provided it is constant while the page is visible.

Your explanation makes it quite clear where i've gone wrong but it doesnt really explain why the list works well if the state is hidden but not when just changing colours. According to your scenario it shouldnt work in either case. This may be worth exploring... i noticed other side effects when i tried using this list with a hidden frame, particularly that the frame remained visable after its parent (and its parents parent) were hidden.

I am also getting the same effect for a scrolling avid text box, It remains visible after the parent is hidden. I'll check again with 2.0.0.101 and let you know if it is fixed.

Cheers

Dan
    XP + G4 + Lua = :)

Quote Originally Posted by theguywiththefunnyhair View Post
    Your explanation makes it quite clear where i've gone wrong but it doesnt really explain why the list works well if the state is hidden but not when just changing colours. According to your scenario it shouldnt work in either case. This may be worth exploring... i noticed other side effects when i tried using this list with a hidden frame, particularly that the frame remained visable after its parent (and its parents parent) were hidden.
    Good point! Also, it seems to me that clicking a button should trigger a repaint of itself and all the parent frames, so something does seem amiss. Thanks for the prod -- I'll let you know what I uncover.

UDPATE: Okay, new knowledge: each frame (that doesn't have a transparent or alpha background) has its own window (ie - Windows window) associated with it. Hiding a window causes control to revert to the master window, and automatically causes a repaint. So hiding the frame caused the parent to send all the siblings a repaint request. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can do the same for other state changes... I'll put some thought into it... As for pressing a button causing a repaint: indeed it does, but only for that button, not for the parent.

Best,
    Tim
    Last edited by tmorten; September 27th, 2007 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmorten View Post
    So hiding the frame caused the parent to send all the siblings a repaint request. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can do the same for other state changes... I'll put some thought into it...
    I have my fingers crossed for you
    Thanks for putting so much into this.
    Dan
    XP + G4 + Lua = :)

Quote Originally Posted by dsmes View Post
    Example attached.
    On the test page, the bar charts on the top and side behave as they should. The problem appears to be when the bar charts are in loop frames. While the Red line works as it should, the other two bars do not. The sliders to adjust them are on the left.

Probably related- Marcel Dial charts in a loop frame don't display properly either.
    Tim- Same behavior in v..101. I'm sure it's still on your list, but wanted to be sure.

I now have a problem with the default host name. when I installed this update it lost my original number ( ip address). so i have put in the host name and this works UNTIL I reboot the ppc. then NR doesn't hook in to either NR or mediabridge until i put the hostname in again. even though it is still showing in the hostname window

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast