Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemote 2

Did the syntax change between .100 and .101?

Someone said they were using

{MP[<MediaBridge.CurrentZone>].Track}

and had to change it to

{MP["<MediaBridge.CurrentZone>"].Track}

to get it to work?

I have not upgraded Now Playing 2007 since .98 due to my back operation in late August and my recovery. I am hoping to get to it sometime in the next couple weeks to upgrade NR & G5 if I feel up to it. I am hoping there are not many other syntax changes that are going to cause these kind of problems.

Has the Flat CCF been upgraded with any syntax changes in the latest releases?

Thanks

John

Both synatx work, but the curly brackets update in more circumstances, so they alleviated one particular issue another user reported. As far as I know, upgrading versions shouldn't require changes on the NetRemote side, but definitely backup in case there's anything I've overlooked.

Best,
    Tim
    Last edited by tmorten; October 7th, 2007 at 05:02 PM.

Default Problem that I noticed with 2.0.0.101

NR2 Buttons look fine on my PC but are jagged and distorted on my Pocket PC.

Can you check that you're definitely using 101 on your PPC as well? I thought this was a bug that Tim had fixed there.
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by tmorten View Post
    clearly it's mis-leading to be able to enter LUA code and not have that LUA code trigger a repaint at any time. HOWEVER, if we give it some thought, it's clear why Ben chose to do this: the alternative would be to evaluate the LUA for every single drawable entity every time any variable changes. This could be severely detrimental to performance.

Let me give this some thought and see if there's an elegant solution. At the very least, the contingency for repaints needs to be clearly communicated in NetRemote Designer so that we don't all get misled, but hopefully there is a better solution than just issuing the caveat.(...)

So for now, this one counts as "By Design", though I definitely think the design needs to be explained up front so we don't all suffer the same confusion!

Best,
    Tim
    i was playing around with this and pretty much got it to work, i had to pull a trick or two to get it to work without producing this error in the console
    [string "NRLUA"]:3: attempt to index field `?' (a nil value)
    Interestingly i had more trouble with
    Code:
    return NetRemote.GetVariable('MP.InfoMode') == MyVars.Menu.Current.Navigation[<^^_LoopIndex>].Name;
    Than with
    Code:
    return MyVars.Menu.Current.Current[<^^_LoopIndex>].Status == 0;
    this may have something to do with the differences in how i create the two tables or the timing of creation... im not sure about that.
    anyway...
    The solution/workaround to this error made left me wondering if it were possible to define a set of Lua vars that the state should be watching in the Lua rule (with a function call at the beginning of the Lua rule), and that maybe this could remove the need to re-evaluate the whole script.

Could it work this way?
    XP + G4 + Lua = :)

It's probably going to be tricky to add monitoring of Lua variables without slowing down Lua horrendously. However, one way of doing this might be a Lua function that can trigger a repaint of a given element - what do you think Tim?
    --Rob

As I understand the current flow, a LUA rule will only get evaluated when there is a trigger event (such as the button being pressed).

I could be wrong (the code flow is somewhat challenging to trace), but I believe that the mechanism to have a variable change actively effect the state of a frame would be to make that frame's state dependent on a NR variable (as opposed to a LUA variable). Each NR variable has a list of frames that should be updated when its value changes.

To hook a frame to NetRemote variable changes, you would either: (a) use the {VariableName} syntax in the frame's text, or (b) have a LUA rule with NetRemote.GetVariable( "VariableName" ) in it -- I believe NR checks for the first instance of NetRemote.GetVariable in a LUA rule and hooks that variable, so subsequent instances in the same LUA rule would not generate a link.

In the near-term, it seems like it could be possible to have an NR variable that basically tracks the value of a LUA variable... perhaps updating on a timer. Creating a deeper mechanism for watching LUA values is going to take some rearchitecture.

Hopefully that helps... .

Best,
    Tim
    Last edited by tmorten; October 9th, 2007 at 07:23 PM.

Well I have upgraded Now Playing to .101 and so far I see only one problem. I also tested the Flat File CCF and it has the same problem. On the Flat file CCF you can see the problem by using the create a new playlist function. The text entry box does not hide when the popup panel is hidden. I have taken a couple screen captures to show this.

John
    Last edited by jwilson56; October 24th, 2008 at 06:34 AM.

My fault; the hiding bug will be fixed for the next release. Sorry about that!

Best,
    Tim

No problem... thats what we are here for.. to help out. I was just glad that was all I found (so far...hehehe).

John

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast