Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemote Designer 1.1.0.51

Default NetRemote Designer 1.1.0.51

Guys here is the pre-release for the NetRemote Designer.

NetRemote Designer 1.1.0.51
    Requires the NR 2.0.0 or up. (build 114+)

Build 1.1.0.51
    April 28,2008
    • More work done on the font problem... fixed?
    • Both variable viewers now try to remember the path to the selected node when refreshing.
    • Alt clicking on a button will now act visually as though the button has been clicked.
    • Shift dragging on the handles of a sizeable element will size the element in two directions e.g. both left and right, up and down etc.
    • Change to the code that converts the host name to an IP address -
    Build 1.1.0.50
    • Fix for font problem reported by vitello
    • Better error message if starting when another copy of NRD is already running.
    Build 1.1.0.49
    • Improved error message when receiving an exception in SendBuffer
    • Added checkbox to the console to prevent it scrolling automatically
    • Right mouse button no longer selects the control under the mouse unless no other controls are selected. ie the context menu will apply to the currently selected
    • control(s) only and will no longer modify the selection
    • Speeded up loading of the special button types dialog
    • Speeded up retrieving Lua variables from NR
    • Added checkbox to toggle the font used to display the font name in the Element Properties window.
    • Sizing handles on an element now behave differently from previous versions.
    • Handles on the top and left resize the frame but leave any contained controls at the same position on the screen. This should conform to user expectations more closely
    • Context menu entry for Toggle State now only enabled when the current selection has more than one state.
    • Attempting to add an element when the current selection is a button will add the element to the parent of the original button.
    • Ungroup context menu item now only available for frames and when that frame contains elements
    • Dragging controls with the mouse now creates an ElementMove command rather than an ElementSize command
    • Added Lock/Unlock commands and appropriate padlock graphic (Shortcut key Ctrl-L)
    • Undo and Redo menus now show descriptions of the commands that will be performed.
    • Fixed Copy/Paste bug from one page to another.

Build 1.1.0.45 to 1.1.0.48
    * Minor tweak to enable support for multiple state rules
    * Changed exception handler in SendBuffer to break rather than just display an error message and keep on sending (infinite loop).
    * Renamed some buttons. Now stops the animation running when the OK button is pressed which allows the CCF to be saved successfully.
    * Constructor was building the bitmap from a memory stream but SetImage was using the file directly. This left a lock on the image file when using Replace image with file. SetImage now uses the code from the constructor, which in turn calls SetImage to do load the image initially.
    * Constructor for NRIEditorForm now sets the default window state to FormWindowState.Normal rather than Maximised. This allows the window layout loading and saving to work correctly (it could get confused previously)
    * Fixed the issue where NRD would claim that the CCF had been changed even when the user pressed cancel on a dialog. Still need to cope with the situation where they press OK but have made no changes.
    * WriteCCF method now calls Compact (wasn't previously being called)
    * Now shows the correct full path for variables in the right hand pane (previously it was putting in the '.' delimiter which was find if you hadn't added any delimiters e.g. a variable like cordelia\CustomWeather\Local.conditions\Descriptio n would be displayed as cordelia.CustomWeather.Local.Conditions.Descriptio n which was not only wrong but very misleading.
    Lua Console changes:
    1) Removed Time column (not used)
    2) Changed font to Courier New 9pt (more suitable for a console than MS Sans 8.25pt!
    3) Text column now sizes along with the window
    4) Added Copy to clipboard functionality
    5) Changed broken behaviour of the combo box - now adds items to the start of the list and reorders them if previously found. (Used to be added to the end of the list which was not helpful when trying to repeat a sequence of commands).
    6) Removed the column header (now there is only the one autosizing column)
    Added context menu (and supporting code) to copy variable name and value to the clipboard from the NR Variable Inspector and Lua Variable Inspector.

Build 1.1.0.45: Changes from 1.1.0.44
    Fixed USB-UIRT issue.

Build 1.1.0.44: Changes from 1.1.0.43
    Fixed crash cutting/pasting pages
    Fixed issues with Image Picker refreshing and resizing
    More gracefully handles launching after a crash
    Fixed a crash when the USB-UIRT drivers were absent
    Fixed a problem with IR validation relating to trailing spaces
    Removed Registration!

Build 1.1.0.43: Changes from 1.1.0.42
    UI: Handling of globals list/Separate list
    UI: Auto expand variable tree
    UI: Fixed issue where scroll bar would underlay the OK/Cancel panel under Vista. Also, added button to import all images.
    Bug: Disabled pre-multiplied alpha.
    Bug: Modified to use the temp directory instead of the root of C:, in order to avoid access denial from Vista.
    Last edited by Ron; April 28th, 2008 at 03:46 PM.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ron,

I just installed this new version and when I go to launch NRD I get the following error;

"Unable to load DLL 'Registration.dll': " and NRD doesn't load.

Richard
    Last edited by rpalmer68; September 17th, 2007 at 06:41 PM.

checking...
    Ron
    No support through PM

Can you check that registration.dll is in fact in the NetRemote Designer directory?
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Can you check that registration.dll is in fact in the NetRemote Designer directory?
    Yes it it, it's 504KB dated 11/09/2007 2:58PM (which is probably 09/11/2007 for you!) Hmmmm 911 build....

I installed this version over the top of .42

Richard

I'm taking this discussion to email... Will post back once solved.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ron,

This is great. I downloaded 1.1.0.43 Pre and am finally cleaning up my images. I installed the new NRD version over 42 and when I first launched it (with Girder no running) I got a NetRemoteDesigner error message that said "Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted" NRD designer started up with no problems. I exited NRD and NR, launched G5 and then restarted NRD and this time no error message. Any idea as to what NRD was complaining about? My PPC is off, so he only NR that I connected to was my PC client.

Thanks for the prompt work.

Peter

Ron,

It looks like there are some problems with 1.1.0.43 pre. I started playing around with replacing images and I am getting major degradation after only a couple of saves.
    Buttons are modified around their edges where they should be transparent. I have attached two screen shots, before and after replacing some images on a different pand and saving.
    Take a close look around the Weather ad Back buttons and along the edges of the tabs. On other pages that I didn't send I see structure appearing well interior to the images and color changes.

A second very minor problem is that the image picker window is not resizing properly. The window resizes, but the image area stays fixed.

I'll try out the import all option tomorrow.

Thanks for the work on 1.1.0.43 pre.

Peter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Look at the Flames in NR Designer and NR

Take a look at the Flames frame in NR Designer (Home Page) 1.1.0.43 and NR 2.0.0.99. It looks fine in NR Designer and is corrupt in NR. What do you think the problem could be?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by vitello View Post
    Ron,

It looks like there are some problems with 1.1.0.43 pre. I started playing around with replacing images and I am getting major degradation after only a couple of saves.
    Buttons are modified around their edges where they should be transparent. I have attached two screen shots, before and after replacing some images on a different pand and saving.
    Take a close look around the Weather ad Back buttons and along the edges of the tabs. On other pages that I didn't send I see structure appearing well interior to the images and color changes.

A second very minor problem is that the image picker window is not resizing properly. The window resizes, but the image area stays fixed.

I'll try out the import all option tomorrow.

Thanks for the work on 1.1.0.43 pre.

Peter
    Ron,

I see that there is a new NR version 2.0.0.100 pre that goes with NRD 1.1.0.43 pre. I was using 2.0.0.99 so my image problem has probably already been fixed (great service). I don't have time right now to try out the new NR so I will verify things tomorrow. The image picker not re-sizing is still a real, if minor issue.

Thanks again for updates.

Peter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast