Thread: Possible bugs with russound control using flatstyle?

Default Possible bugs with russound control using flatstyle?

Don't know if this is a bug in DM or not, but the source selection defaults to blank until a source is actually selected, even if I select a zone that has a current source playing. Seems odd to have to click the button just to get the text to show what source you're on.

Also, when going into a zone, the volume slider doesn't move to the right location... for example, I choose study, and the slider is at 35, but the actual volume is at 50. If I click on the slider (don't move it) the volume drops to 35.

Anybody know how to fix/work around these?

That's very strange - assuming the RussSound plugin is correctly monitoring the sources then it should have updated all relevant variables automatically.

I'll have to check what happens when changing to a zone
    --Rob

Rob,

Here is the file I have been testing with... running latest NR version, still having issues with variable states. As soon as I fire up NR, all the states are wrong until I click a button the first time. For example, the volume will be at 35 on the slider, but startup volume is 50 so when I turn the keypad on it goes to 50 and the slider stays. If I move it just a tad, it matches.

Also, if you change a source, the previous souce stays in state 1 and the new source doesn't change to state 1 until I minimize and maximize NR.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there a way to call DM.Auto, AND name an element or are you forced to put a frame on it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmm... not sure what's going on there. And it's a bit tricky to test it without a RussSound here. Does anyone else with a RussSound have the same problem?

Not sure what you mean by

Also, is there a way to call DM.Auto, AND name an element or are you forced to put a frame on it?
    Do you mean that you want to call DM.Auto on an element other than the current one?
    --Rob

I'm referring to when you use DM.Auto, you have to put a variable in the element name of the button/frame. This removes your ability to place transparent text on the the element such as the sourcename for that button. To get around that, I had to put a transparent frame on top of it.

Ah, okay - in that case you can use something like DM.SetValue(device, control, value) or if you want to use the same string as you'd use for the name you can use DM.Func(DM.ParseControlPath(name)). See DMCore.lua for all of the possibilities.
    --Rob