Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Cache IR doesn't work

Unhappy Global Cache IR doesn't work

I have NetRemote installed on the network and it seems to be working to control iTunes which is running on one of the computers. However, I also have a GC-100-12 and I am trying to send IR commands through it.
    I know that the GC is working, because I can send IR commands to it using the Global Cache test utility.

Also, NR seems to be able to connect to the GC because when I go to the properties > plugins > infrared I can see the GC-100 there, and when I click the "test" button the message comes back "test complete".

I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong in the action list, but I downloaded the gc-IRsample ccf from the forum and tried to use it (all I changed was to paste in my learned IR command in place of an existing command) and I was not successful.

I really need to figure this out. I'm new to NR and I'm sure I'm doing something stupid. Please help!

Thanks,
    Jack

Which version of NR are you running? I use a GC-100 at home, but through Girder, so it's always possible a bug has crept in.

Thanks,
    Tim

I am using NR 2.0.0.99 with the GC-100. I'm totally stumped at this point.

You might want to try 2.0.0.101 to see if that fixes the problem.
    --Rob

I downloaded and installed NR 2.0.0.101 and it's still not working. Has anyone else tried this? My setup is simple, I have NR installed on a few computers on a small local network. I have the GC-100 connected to the same local network. I just want to be able to store an IR command in NR and fire it off through the network to the GC-100.
    Has anyone else tried this?
    I thought that this was exactly how these items were designed to work. It seems highly likely that I am doing something retarded, but I can't figure out what it is. It would be great to hear that somebody else has tried this setup and made it work (or not).

An interesting note which may or may not be important. The global cahce documentation states that every command sent to the GC-100 has to be terminated with a carriage return (Enter key). I assume this happens within NR somewhere because when i attemp to paste in a carriage return at the end of my IR HEX string, NR says that I have enterred an invalide code. I just thought I should mention that.

That should indeed be how it should work.

Any software firewalls installed?
    --Rob

There are no software firewalls and I have tried to send commands from two different computers.
    Keep in mind that NR does seem to "see" the GC-100. If I open NR and click on: File > Properties> Plugins> Infrared, I can click on the GC-100 and select properties. This allows me to run a test. When I click test, I get a response that says "Test Complete". If I physically disconnect the GC-100 from the network and run the test again, I get a response that tells me to check for firewalls and so on.

Also, I can use the Global Cache test utility on this same computer and I am able to send IR commands through to the GC-100 without any problems.

It would actually make me happy to hear that somebody else has tried this same setup and made it work. That would simply mean that I'm an idiot. I'm perfectly happy to be an idiot, I just want to know that there is hope of making it work.

I'll give it a shot on my side in the morning and let you know what I discover.

Best,
    Tim

Not working here either -- I can't believe no one else was using NetRemote direct to a GC-100 ! I'll put this on the top of the list of items to fix. Thanks for the heads-up!

Best,
    Tim

Smile

I'm glad to know it wasn't just me. Thanks! Let me know when you get it sorted out so I can continue my experiments.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast