Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatal Application Error when used on PPC

Default Fatal Application Error when used on PPC

I have been trying to install NR on my Toshiba e740 Pocket PC.
    I first attempted doing the install with the NR version 2.0.0.101 which was posted in this forum. When I encountered the problem I tried installing the 2.0.0.99 version. In either case when I try to run NR on my pocket PC, I get a Fatal Application Error.

Does anyone have helpful advice?

That's worrisome... Try removing the contents of the plugins folder, and then if that works, try putting them back one by one.

Best,
    Tim

Tim,

I guess I'm not sure how to try your suggestion.
    As I understand the procedure for installing NR on a PPC, you have to sync the PocketPC with the computer and then run the installation program. This is the way I have been doing it. NR seems to install successfully, but when I launch the program, I get the error.
    When I look in the file browser of the Pocket PC, I can see a folder for NRSkin and NRCCF, but there is no Plugins folder. However, if I look in my regular PC, I can find the program file and the Plugins folder. I would try deleting some of these plugins, but I don't see how the PocketPC will be affected by that change.

I haven't had much experience with Pocket PCs (I bought this one specifically for use with NR). It's possible that I'm asking a very silly question here, but I'd sure appreciate it if you could set me straight.

Thanks,
    Jack

On your PocketPC, you can use the File Explorer application to navigate the folders. By default it starts in "My Documents" where you see the NRCCFand NRSkin folders. Use the pull down menu on top to switch to the My Device Folder. From there you can click into Program Files and then NetRemote to find to plugins folder.

Best,
    Tim

Tim,

Thanks for educating me.
    I was able to find the Plugins folder, but it was empty so there were no files in it to remove.
    Any other ideas?

Select "Show All Files" from the menu (mine was already set that way, so I forgot to mention it ).

Best,
    Tim

I deleted the Web browser plug in and I finally got it to open.
    It seems to work OK, but the navigation is a bit slugish. For example, if I press the Listen To Music button on the home page, it takes 3 or 4 seconds to change the screen. this kind of response time is typical if I do anything that requires screen to change. However, if I just skip to the next track (using MediaBridge) the change occurs instantly.
    Is there a different web browser plug in I can use?
    Is the slugishness related to the plugin problem?

Thanks for all your help!
    Jack

Make sure your PocketPC is set for maximum performance (as opposed to a more consevative setting to save power). Also, you might consider using a RamDisk for better performance... this makes a big difference on Windows Mobile 5.0 devices. There are some optimizations planned, so hopefully those will come on-line in the next couple of months to further bolster performance.

With regard to the browser plug-in, I'm not sure why that's crashing (Rob, any ideas?). If you can live without browser functionality in the near-term, everything else should work okay with out it.

Best,
    Tim

Can't see why the browser plugin would cause a crash - what OS is the PPC running?
    --Rob

The hardware is: Toshiba Pocket PC e740
    OS: Microsoft Pocket PC, version 3.0.11171 (Build 11178)
    Processor: Inte PXA250

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast