Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Issues (as of Build 124)

Default Open Issues (as of Build 124)

Please check the Promixis Ticket Tracker for newest bugs this list will be deprecated.

Here's the list of open issues that I'm currently tracking:

NetRemote
    DesignerMediaBridgeWork-Arounds (to be better addressed in a future build)Let me know if there are other global issues (not feature requests yet -- we'll get there eventually ). Thanks for everyone's help identifying these issues, and thanks for your patience while we work through them!

Best,
    Tim
    Last edited by Rob H; May 2nd, 2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Added the latest issues that have been reported.

Tim- Great idea to put your list in front of everybody; it let's us know our mention of a problem didn't get overlooked. You're doing a GREAT job and obviously play a key role in making a great application even better! Keep up the super work and continue to let us know how we can help.

Just a suggestion Tim - would it be useful to post links to the threads/messages where these issues are mentioned to help keep track of them?
    --Rob

Thanks for the encouragement dsmes (though I'll feel better when I've actually managed to fix some of these without breaking anything else ).

Rob, great suggestion; I will edit the original post and add links (just did so).

Best,
    Tim
    Last edited by tmorten; October 27th, 2007 at 07:58 PM.

there are problems when sending UTF-8 encoded data from girder or mediabridge

the mediabridge plugin and NR are both set to utf-8

in JRMC, lyrics look like :

I’m losing my faith again, losing my open hand,
    Losing my how & why, losing my great divide,
    And in this world where we are, who can say what’s going too far?

Where ’ represents an apostrophe in utf-8

NR or MB seems to convert each of these 3 bytes INDIVIDUALLY to UTF-8 (it also messes up the '&' in '&' :

NetRemote.SetCharacterEncoding('UTF-8');
    varvalue = NetRemote.GetVariable("MP.Lyrics",true);
    print (varvalue);

I€™m losing my faith again, losing my open hand,
    And in this world where we are, who can say what€™s going too far?

NetRemote.SetCharacterEncoding('UTF-8');
    varvalue = NetRemote.GetVariable("MP.Lyrics",false);
    print (varvalue);

Iâ??m losing my faith again, losing my open hand,
    And in this world where we are, who can say whatâ??s going too far?

same problem, when I send utf-8 data from girder to NR...

in NR, I display this data in a web page, so I need NR/girder/MB to leave this data alone...

Marcel

Added to the list -- thanks Marcel!

Thumbs up Good One!

Awesome Tim...

It always reassures the users that their comments are being heeded. I know it takes time to work through and reproduce bugs and that repairs are always on priority needs first but having the problem list out there also help users to help the dev team in that we can check the list before posting new bug reports in a seperate thread. This way the dev team can assemble all the reports for a bug in a single thread which is linked to the list here.

Informative and practical... Just the way I like it.
    - John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven
    - "IthinkI'mgoingtobantheuseofthespacebarinfuture..."

Hi Tim, did you fix the problems with recognising which pc on the network the Girder passthrough was to go to for UIRT? and the "Instance id's changing" both of which there were many posts from me with you and Rob. Oh and all the pretty icons disappearing out of the actions list. Wedge.

Thanks Wedge; I've appended these to the list.

Best,
    Tim

Tim when you do the NRD updates can you look into the ability to lock elements into place. I just went to change the position of the song percentage on my panel only to find that it had vanished. Looking at the layout in NRD it had been dragged across the entire page and under another element. God know when that had happened. Most design programs have the ability to lock down elements when you have them where you want them (just look at Photoshop and Visual Studio).

I'm spending like 10 hours a day on NRD and photoshop atm and this is one thing that I keep having to fight against. Rob suggested pressing the undo button but it's not working... I don't think NRD is even registering that the elements are moving when the origin reset happens.
    - John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven
    - "IthinkI'mgoingtobantheuseofthespacebarinfuture..."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast