Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help; my Images became dark! (NR or NRD)

Default Help; my Images became dark! (NR or NRD)

Today I noticed all my images in Netremote are much darker than the original images.
    I have no idea when this has happened but I think it is this way for a while. I am using both the newest NR and NRD.
    I think NRD (1.1.0.42) is the problem. When I load an old CCF the images are also darker. When I change the pictures to the orignal (Replace image with file), the brightness is okay again. Also, after saving the CCF, NetRemote shows the bright picture again.
    For your information I attach both a current dark image and the original brighter one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Geert

Old problem, you're apparently using an old version of NRD 1.1 - I believe this is fixed in version 1.1.0.51 of NRD.
    --Rob

Very, very strange. I installed the newest Netremote (NetRemote-Suite-2.0.8.131) and also installed NRD (to stay updated). This installs NRD version 1.1.0.42 on my PC!

So everyone gets this version. Is this not the way it is meant to? Also in downloads I can't find a newer release.

Finaly I found the 1.0.1.51 version in the Forum (I am not ready yet for the 2.0.0 versions yet).

Looks to me some version management is required on your site.
    Geert

Rob, how to hide the toolbars (version 151)? Right clicking does not show a menu? Dragging also does not work? Am I missing something?

My workspace now gets very limited
    Geert

Quote Originally Posted by VSDomotics View Post
    Very, very strange. I installed the newest Netremote (NetRemote-Suite-2.0.8.131) and also installed NRD (to stay updated). This installs NRD version 1.1.0.42 on my PC!

So everyone gets this version. Is this not the way it is meant to? Also in downloads I can't find a newer release.

Finaly I found the 1.0.1.51 version in the Forum (I am not ready yet for the 2.0.0 versions yet).

Looks to me some version management is required on your site.
    Do yourself a favor and get the latest version of NRD. Its free and fixes much

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18803
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog

I installed the newest NRD 2 version to give it a try.
    I was quite disappointed.
    Where the heck is the position- and size box gone. This is for me the most used option to position my frames and buttons?
    What are all those 'handy' icons doing near my buttons and frames? They are messing up my workspace. Please leave them in the toolbars (so I can switch them off).
    Same for the icons around my panel. Please leave them in toolbars so I can use the available space more efficiently.
    What is the use of all those coordinates and dimensions behind the button- and frame menu.
    What's the use of displaying the left menu with the fontsize of the buttons and frames? Why emphasis items which I barely need to change (f.i. display of time in big font).

What I need is maximum workspace (so I don't have to slide or zoom) and minimum things who mess up the screen. Cusomizable toolbars and many shortcuts.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

BTW I installed version 1.0.1.151 again until things improve.
    Geert

Quote Originally Posted by VSDomotics View Post
    I installed the newest NRD 2 version to give it a try.
    I was quite disappointed.
    Sorry about that.
    Where the heck is the position- and size box gone. This is for me the most used option to position my frames and buttons?
    Look in the tree view - each frame and button now has the position and size editable there.
    What are all those 'handy' icons doing near my buttons and frames? They are messing up my workspace. Please leave them in the toolbars (so I can switch them off).
    They only appear when you have a selection and they present actions that are directly relevant to the selection. The idea is that they are much more efficient, in that you don't have to move the mouse a great distance.

Same for the icons around my panel. Please leave them in toolbars so I can use the available space more efficiently.
    Not sure I understand this one - can you explain
    What is the use of all those coordinates and dimensions behind the button- and frame menu.
    See above - those are the x, y, w & h that used to be in the bottom left.
    In my experience with NRD 1.1 I found that vertical space was always at a premium, especially when editing fairly large CCFs, so I've tried to reduce the amount of vertical space used.
    What's the use of displaying the left menu with the fontsize of the buttons and frames? Why emphasis items which I barely need to change (f.i. display of time in big font).
    That's so you you can see what the text on the button actually is, and the size it is on the page.

What I need is maximum workspace (so I don't have to slide or zoom) and minimum things who mess up the screen. Cusomizable toolbars and many shortcuts.
    You have customisable toolbars. There are also many shortcuts.
    Am I the only one experiencing this?
    You're the only one with so many negative comments
    BTW I installed version 1.0.1.151 again until things improve.
    Don't expect any changes to 1.1.0.51 - looks like your stuck with it.
    --Rob

Thanks Rob for your reply. I don't expect development in 151 but perhaps you get more reactions of people who are experienced NRD users and have some of the same views I have. And perhaps you are willing to change some things (or at least give me a choice of what to switch on and what not).
    When I can choose to leave the 'handy icons' in the toolbar instead of moving around my workspace, that would be nice.

Why do you think it is more convenient all the sizes and positions are behind the menuchoices in the tre view (leaving me to increase the space the tree view needs and also lowering the effective workspace) than leaving the postion and size always on the same place aside the workspace?
    Geert

I am not going to restore the x, y, w, h boxes to the bottom of the screen - I might consider putting them up in the toolbar area I suppose.

I have considered putting them near the selection, but I don't want to complicate that part.

The main point is to reduce the mousing distance.

How often do you find yourself wanting to adjust the x, y, w & h values?
    --Rob

Personally I had no problems with where you put them but then again I am using a widescreen display so the extra width was no big deal. Maybe having the option to place it in the tool bad would work for those with a smaller display.

Personally as someone who started with Tonto and used the version 1 a lot with my Now Playing skin, I think you have done a great job of improving NRD. Keep up the good work and remember you can't please everyone.
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast