Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Information about WindowsCE!!

Default Information about WindowsCE!!

The manufacturer of our touch panel device has told me that I have to install the CE3.0 build of NR2.0.99 to get NR work on that device. Because you have changed something with the "API"! They emailed me the .cab file for CE3.00, this version works well.
    Where can find this .cab files? Are there also CE3.0 builds of the actual versions of NR?

Thanks for this Information
    ---Simon

I'm not on my dev machine at present, but I'll take a look later today and see if there is a specific CE version called out in the compiler/linker settings. It may be the case that the WinCE CAB file that is currently posted in the stickies at the top of this forum would work on WinCE 3.0 already, despite being labeled as CE 4.2 versions. I don't think we are doing anything that would require a later version, but I will have to verify that to be sure. I'd be curious to here where they got their CAB from...

best,
    Tim

Hi Tim,

this are the files I get from them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ---Simon

Interesting; the CAB they sent looks like a mix of new elements with older DLL's. I'll check with Ron and see what he has set up for the CE build target; it turns out that I don't have a local build target for CE.

Best,
    Tim

Good News;

I found out what I have to do to run NR on my WINCE 5.0 Touchpanel.

They didn't took the provided CE4.2 Build, I have to take the PPC Build of NR
    for running NR without missing fonts in the device proberties.
    This together with the the dll's which I have to copy into the windows folder:
    atlce300.dll , Doclist.dll, html view.dll, mfcce300.dll, note_prj.dll, olece300.dll, imgdecmp.dll

Is it possible that you should provide this dll's with the installer file?

All this together makes NR running properly!
    ---Simon

That is great news. I will make this info a sticky for now.
    Ron
    No support through PM

We'll have to look into the redistribution rights for those files, but assuming those are freely distributable, it seems like it would be feasible to bundle them in an installer. I guess another question would be whether they interfere on any devices? Shouldn't the current WinCE 4.2 CAB work on a WinCE 5.0 device?

Best,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tmorten View Post
    We'll have to look into the redistribution rights for those files, but assuming those are freely distributable, it seems like it would be feasible to bundle them in an installer. I guess another question would be whether they interfere on any devices? Shouldn't the current WinCE 4.2 CAB work on a WinCE 5.0 device?

Best,
    Tim
    Has this ever been figured out? I have a CE5 based touchscreen, and I am still missing 2 DLL files, and I can't locate 1 of them (imgdecmp.dll) anywhere. I would love to run NR on my CE5 screen.

Try this and good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ---Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Manser View Post
    Try this and good luck
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast