Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NetRemote on Windows CE 5.0

Default NetRemote on Windows CE 5.0

To run NetRemote on Windows CE 5.0 install the normal Pocket PC/ Windows Mobile install and add the following files to your Windows folder:
    • atlce300.dll
    • Doclist.dll
    • html view.dll
    • mfcce300.dll
    • note_prj.dll
    • olece300.dll
    • imgdecmp.dll
    Thanks to Manser for finding this out!
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    To run NetRemote on Windows CE 5.0 install the normal Pocket PC/ Windows Mobile install and add the following files to your Windows folder:
    • atlce300.dll
    • Doclist.dll
    • html view.dll
    • mfcce300.dll
    • note_prj.dll
    • olece300.dll
    • imgdecmp.dll
    Thanks to Manser for finding this out!
    And for Windows Mobile 6 Classic ?

There should be no changes necessary to run on Windows Mobile.

Cheers,
    Tim

Where can I obtain those DLL's? It appears I might need the Windows Embedded CE tools but am not sure. Any point in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, I found a link on this site for a ZIP that has all the DLLs. I placed those in the Windows folder as instructed but Net Remote still says its not a valid CE app when I try to launch it. Do I need to register those DLL's? If so I will need to find regsvrce.exe and it might not be so easy. Thanks.

How did you install NR on the WinCE device?
    --Rob

I have tried a few different ways. First through Active Sync, I then dropped the DLLs in the Windows folder manually (not via activesync). I also tried running the CAB file that is within the Zip (with all these DLLs) directly from the device. I am getting an error about two TTF files Pronto and Sequibk that I did not originally receive when I installed the software for the first time. Says they are in-use.

I have also tried removing the software and deleting the NetRemote folder. When I reinstall I get the same errors about the TTF files.

Thanks for any help. I have been looking for a hand held remote software like this for a long time. I am heavy into Audio/Video for entertainment as well as home automation and really think this product is for me... if I can get it to work!

I don't have a WinCE device here to check this with, but as I recall the solution to the font issue is to browse to the windows\fonts folder and rename the two font files then reset the device. You should then be able to delete the files.
    --Rob

Ok, thanks. I will do so but I dont know that is going to get the application to work. I will give it a shot.

Ok, I renamed them. The install goes OK. I put the DLL's in the Windows folder but I still get "NetRemote is not a valid Windows CE application." when I launch it. Interesting as the CAB installs OK but the EXE does not think its compatible. If you can thing of anything else, I would love to try it. Thanks for your help.

FYI - If you care or it matters, this is a Cowon Q5W running WinCE 5.00 on a MIPS processor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast