Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NetRemote on Windows CE 5.0

I'm not sure what processors are currently supported - it's possible that MIPS isn't one of them - that certainly used to be the case.
    --Rob

Ok, I see. Thats too bad. Oh well, I guess I am stuck with remote desktop for now.

Don't take that as gospel - wait for Tim or Ron to come along to confirm it. I would have expected a message along the lines of 'incompatible platform' if that were the issue.
    --Rob

I have an Elk TS07 CE5 based touchscreen, and am having some issues getting the NR client to run. I copied the DLL's and installed the version mentioned in the thread Ron linked, but I still get the generic 'component' error message.

I used dependency walker to figure out what it relies on, and it looks like I am missing the following 2 DLL files:

aygshell.dll
    imgdecmp.dll

These were not part of the archive linked above, does anyone have a copy?

Last but not least, if anyone has the Remote Desktop client binaries, I would like those as well, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    I'm not sure what processors are currently supported - it's possible that MIPS isn't one of them - that certainly used to be the case.
    Has it been confirmed that MIPS is not supported?
    Rick

Girder 6.0 - Elk M1 Gold - JRMC 11.1 w/ M-Audio Delta 410 - NetRemote - BlueIris DVR
    Girder 6 Plugins - Elk M1/EZ8, Pushover Connector and more on the way.

Visit My Showcase

If NR does not support MIPS processors, what does it take to make it happen?
    Rick

Girder 6.0 - Elk M1 Gold - JRMC 11.1 w/ M-Audio Delta 410 - NetRemote - BlueIris DVR

Visit My Showcase

I've looked real briefly at MIPS support and currently our build tree is not setup for MIPS. Setting it up for MIPS would be a major operation, not to mention that there is probably a decent chance of compiler trouble once it is setup requiring significant code modifications to NetRemote. Now I didn't do any investigation into market size of MIPS vs. ARM but it appears to be mostly limited to older CE devices.

To answer your question what would be needed. To do a port to MIPS the development cost have to be recouped by the increased sale amount of NR licenses within a short amount of time (less than a year).

If anyone wants to go under NDA and do the port for free ( ;-) ) I am happy to entertain that idea.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Well certainly not the answer I wanted to hear, but I understand.

Thanks anyway.

BTW, is there any older versions of NR that will work on MIPS?
    Rick

Visit My Showcase

Are these required files now included in the installer, or do we still have to get them from somewhere?

To run NetRemote on Windows CE 5.0 install the normal Pocket PC/ Windows Mobile install and add the following files to your Windows folder:
    atlce300.dll
    Doclist.dll
    html view.dll
    mfcce300.dll
    note_prj.dll
    olece300.dll
    imgdecmp.dll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12