Thread: NR->Global Cache without girder unstable

Default NR->Global Cache without girder unstable

NR on my ppc is crashing repeatedly when I send ir via wi-fi to Global Cache directly without girder. I am testing ways to get an ir code repeated using NR->Global cache without girder, and comparing with NR->Girder->Global Cache for the same ir code. What I am seeing this morning is the girder path is working, but the without girder path is showing very slow button response and NR crashes. NR crashed three times in a row after a couple of NR->Global Cache button pushes so I quit for now. The NR->Global Cache path is not always unstable, it probably depends on my wireless reception. The NR->Girder->Global Cache path works, so the wi-fi is working and this looks like a problem with the NR Global Cache plugin.

I know that there have been posts on problems with NR and Global Cache without Girder. Is this being looked into right now, or should I give up on setting up my ir without Girder.

Peter

The last I had heard, all Globalcache issues were resolved. From the sound of it, there must be a threading issue remaining, so thanks for the heads-up. I'll look into this and hopefully get a fix in for the next release.

Best,
    Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the quick response. I found a way to get a repeated ir code by editing my ir code. NR->Global Cache didn't generate any crashes last night when I was testing, but button response was slow and sometimes failed.

Peter