Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird problem between MCE and NR

Default Weird problem between MCE and NR

Hello, I've been using NR and Media Center for a while. Today I had a weir problem. It seems that the communication between Media Bridge and MCE is failing even though I see the PPC as a client in Media Bridge.

The problem is that whenever I try to play something using the PPC, The MCE plays the music on the background but is not showing what is being played. So basically if in that moment I go to the MCE and play something, I will have two songs playing at the same time...

On the other hand, if I first play something on the MCE, it doesnít refresh on the PPC; and again, If I select and play something using the PPC, it will play both songs at the same time.

I donít know where the problem relies. I upgraded to the latest pre-release and I still get the problem.

As I said before, in the media bridge it seems that the PPC is connected as a client. All IP addresses are in the network range and everything seems to be normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks you

Do you have two instances of the MediaBridge plug-in active in NetRemote by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by tmorten View Post
    Do you have two instances of the MediaBridge plug-in active in NetRemote by any chance?
    No, I did look at that. There's only one instance running and it is the correct one.
    One more thing, when I tried to uninstall NR and MediaBridge, after I restarted the PC MediaBridge was automatically launched. I went to control panel to uninstall it again and it was not listed. Also the promixis folder in program files was not there. I donít know how did it run.

However, after install and uninstall it again it didnít launch at startup again. I then installed the pre-release, and the problem persists.

Thank you

What version of MCE are you running? I actually didn't think MCE had a facility to play multiple tracks at once in the same zone, so I'll have to do some digging to figure oout what's going on.

Best,
    Tim

What version of MCE are you running? I actually didn't think MCE had a facility to play multiple tracks at once in the same zone, so I'll have to do some digging to figure oout what's going on.

Best,
    Tim
    Im running MCE 2005. Ive been running this for a while. This is a recent problem.
    Yes, I dont know how this is happening.

Please let me know as soon as you find out something and I will try it.

Thanks a lot

Any ideas? I'm stuck with this.
    Thank you

I haven't had any luck reproducing on my end. From what you've described, it sounds like something has gone awry with the plug-in that MediaBridge installs in MCE to communicate.

The question becomes whether there is a way to cleanly reset your state to do a fresh install. I don't know very much about how MCE registers and manages its plug-ins, but that may be something you can explore on your end as well.

Best,
    Tim

Hi Tim,

I tried deleting all promixis related entries in the registry. It seemed to work fine then but as soon as I restarted the PC it stop working again.

It is weird that if I select Windows Media Player as the player in MediaBridge then it works fine. Of course that then I can't use the remote functions in net remote and I have to have WMP running on the background.

Something very estrange I've noticed is that when Media Bridge is launched, you can see very quickly that lots of windows seems to be opening. There are like some windows flashing several times.

I really don't know what else to try.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Without being able to repro on this end to debug, I'm at a loss. Would it be possible to narrow it down to a specific registry entry whose deletion clears up the problem? That will help me narrow it down in the code... so sorry that you've had all this trouble!

Best,
    Tim

Without being able to repro on this end to debug, I'm at a loss. Would it be possible to narrow it down to a specific registry entry whose deletion clears up the problem? That will help me narrow it down in the code... so sorry that you've had all this trouble!

Best,
    Tim
    Hi Tim,
    That would be great but I don't know what estry does solve the problem. In fact, as I said before, as soon as I restarted the PC it all went wrong again.
    If there's any program I could use to send you PC information, or any log files, etc, I will be more than happy to send those files.

Regards,
    Martin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast