Thread: Web Browsing within NR get's stuck

Default Web Browsing within NR get's stuck

I am using newpro CCF web browsing to access web interface to sattelite receiver Dreambox. But it gets stuck at some point. One can access web page interface just by entering IP address of Dreambox into any browser (IE, Mozilla). I tried to access that web interface from PDA (Windows Mobile 5) IE and it was perfect for my needs. I can select channels very easily, it didn't get stuck during 15-20 minutes of trial. I have then started newpro CCF and started web browsing ( I would create a button later on to directly access web interface page). I accessed Dreambox web interface without any problems and did some browsing until I came to the point to select different channel. It stuck then (although it did change channel on my sat receiver). I got error message and I could not continue working. Since this was working in regular IE page on same PPC, I assume the error is caused within NR. Is there any way I can see the log of what is going on in NR? or any other way to eliminate error. I wouldn't want to close (or minimize) NR and open IE every time I need to control Dreambox...

What was the error message?
    --Rob

Well, I can't probably call it an error . On PPC it says " Please wait...", that't all. I tried it on NR running on XP PC. I have got a pop up window with message "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close window. Do you want to close this window?" and Yes/No buttons. I clicked yes, but got no response from NR it seemed to be stuck. Once I click Home on this CCF, it brings me back to home page. So NR itself is running, it just can't display this web page. To complete experiment, I run that web interface one more time and once I got above message, I choose No. Still the same outcome. Accessing web interface from IE Explorer works fine both on PPC and XP. It does not seem like it would close some window, by the way, while I am browsing...

Hmm... that's interesting - I wonder if we can reproduce that some other way e.g. with a bit of Javascript in a web server.
    --Rob

This would be grreat. I am ready to assist if needed. I could give access to my sat receiver (via PM) if needed. Reason for using web interface of this receiver is to get much flexibility with least efforts. I was thinking first to designe actions to call http address, but when I thought about all the channels I would like to se in the list... it seems it will take ages. Web interface pools this list from receiver (which of course has channel structure file in it). If there are changes in channel list, web interface captures them automatically. Like JRMC play list on NR gets updated without additional work on NR.

This will be one for Tim or Ron to take a look at in a debugger.
    --Rob

Still have not found solution for this. Any ideas?