Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Device Manager for Receiver done now want FlatSytle ccf working

Default Device Manager for Receiver done now want FlatSytle ccf working

I have built a DM in G5 for my Theta receiver with full two way support. This is working with Webserver so web server has generated webpage with Volume, Mute, power, Source and surround mode. (Will add Zone two and surround channel control later.)

This is full two way at least to the browser running on the same machine ie update volume via ir or front panel of receiver and it is reflected on webpage as is source etc.

Now I want to take the next step. I have NR whole house and NR Designer. I want to base my first project on the Flatstyle as it has the music all done.

So the next step is to get the DM functioning in NR flatstyle sheet with Volume source working etc.

I have opened the ccf and it looks a little daunting.

Can you help me get started with volume control in receiver section.

Firstly nothing is showing up in NR in that screen.

Thanks Rick
    Rickd

If you've built the DM provider correctly it should work automatically. Perhaps your device types are wrong?
    --Rob

Must have done it wrong when I try to slect HTPC in zones in the pc tab I get a dm.query in girde console on htpc but NR crashes on client...

Music is working however

here is my provider and serial scripts
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rickd; January 29th, 2008 at 03:11 AM.
    Rickd

Normally you would only get a DM.Query when NetRemote connects to Girder - something odd happening there.

The provider looks okay to me, at least there's nothing obviously wrong with it.

Can you put this file in luascript\DeviceManager\Providers (you may already have a version - just replace it), and create a scripting action as follows :-
    Code:
    require 'DeviceManager.Providers.TestHarness'
    harness = DeviceManager.Providers.Classes.TestHarness:New()
    Disable your component for now to eliminate it from the equation. Restart Girder and run the above scripting action.

Can you now select between the zones of the test harness' receiver without NR crashing.

And the other question is - is this a Win32 client or PPC?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --Rob

Dumb question how do I disable my device provider rename it ...

Anyway tried harness also renamed my music zone names in media bridge (both were master zone ie one on my htpc and the client zone on laptop) have not disabled my provider but all working in test mode volume slider etc showing up in receiver tab, lighting HAVC etc no more crashes

I am on win 32 XP SP2 client and server running girder is too

So guess next step is how to get my provider working
    Last edited by rickd; January 30th, 2008 at 04:21 AM.
    Rickd

Ah, I think I might see the problem.

Can you try changing the Type field of the Processor to "AV\\Zone\\Stereo" or "AV\\Zone\\Surround"
    --Rob

ok thanks Rob that worked ....I get two additional slider left and right front channels I assume I need to make my dm use those. Also want to add zone two which is not volume contolled but source selectable for my receiver.

How do I add these to my dm
    Rickd

You would add another device to the dt table in the GetDeviceTable method.

We can worry about removing the unused volume control later.
    --Rob

Actually it would be cool to get all 7 channel volumes working.

But my first step is to setup zone two control so zone two is stereo and sources are the same

volume in zone two is controlled via local amps via ir so not sure if we can add a usb-uirt olume control with no feedback.

Also want to add a generic transport device which is remaps in girder based on the zone.

ie like the DVD device commented out at mo

so how would I add zone two stereo zone source slection only and ir based volume

Thanks rick
    Rickd

[code]['kitchen'] = {Type = 'AV\\Setero\\Zone', Name = 'zone2', Description = 'Casablanca III zone out',

Sources = {'LDVD', 'VCR', 'MySky', 'Sky', 'CDSII','HTPC', 'Tunes'},
    ZoneSourceCommand = function(value) self.Plugin['ZoneSource'..value](self.Plugin) end,//[code]

would this work?
    Rickd

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast