Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Calling all NetRemote gurus

That's strange - running under Vista 64 I don't see a crash - first I get an Internet Explorer script error - "An error has occurred in a script on this page - Object required" although the line and column given are outside the bounds of the source of the URL it gives!

Closing that error dialog gives me
    Code:
    Unhandled exception at 0x7790b663 in NetRemote.exe: 0xC015000F: The activation context being deactivated is not the most recently activated one.
    I have no idea what to do with this error message. Presumably something needs to be done in the web browser plugin before closing it to prevent this from happening, but I don't know what.

Closing that error dialog allows NR to carry on running here though.

Any thoughts Ron?
    --Rob

my original test was on XP.

I see the same as you on vista 64,

on vista 32, I still see the crash ...

Marcel

still the same problem in build 2.0.3.126

Marcel

I looked at this when you first posted it and have looked at this again today but I am unable to find what is going on here . I am happy to post the source to this plugin to see if someone else can crack this nut.
    Ron
    No support through PM

I tried trapping the error when the object is deleted but that is not the cause. I believe the stack is corrupted when this happens as the crash happens somewhere totally different.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Default Should XGraph Work?

Quote Originally Posted by mhwlng View Post
    dsmes,

all my charts are defined as transparent state frames...

I can't investigate anything until the new SDK is published.

Also, I am considering replacing the old charting library (which doesn't compile using the latest microsoft development tools) with another one (see above)
    but this would mean breaking compatibility :
    you would have to redo some of your lua code and the charts will look a bit different...

Marcel
    Marcel, Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but are you saying that because XGraph won't compile with VS2008, you are planning to change to a new C++ charting library that will? And until that happens, NR is without charting capability?

I ask because XGraph still does not work as of NR v2.0.3.126. Is this expected? i.e. is it broke for you as well?

I'm not planning to use a new charting library.
    xgraph works fine for me with any recent NR version...

so, I don't know what the problem is on your pc ?

does the test ccf file work ?

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mhwlng View Post
    does the test ccf file work ?

Marcel
    That's funny. On my work machine, all I see in xgraph.ccf is a large light-grey box in the upper left, a small light-grey box in the lower left, and a grey box that says "do stuff" in the lower right. Nothing changes when I hit the "do stuff" button.

On my home machine, there is _no_ upper left frame ever. But the lower left frame is light grey until I hit the "do stuff" button and then a graph appears.
    -------------- edit
    Check that- Once I stop NR and restart, the upper left graph appears. It is on a transparent background, I mean, I can see the background through it. The lower left graph is on a light grey background. Very strange.

Marcel, thanks for your reply. Now that I know XGraph still works, I'll rebuild my CCF page with the graphs in NRD and see if that fixes the problem. If anyone else has ideas, please chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmes View Post
    Check that- Once I stop NR and restart, the upper left graph appears. It is on a transparent background, I mean, I can see the background through it. The lower left graph is on a light grey background. Very strange.
    that's how it's supposed to look like...

In slightly older versions of NR, the lower chart that is NOT on a transparent background, didn't show up anymore. that was fixed recently...

Marcel

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334